Part 4: Your not so friendly neighbourhood

Hobie POV:

I sharply exhale as I take her hand to get up. I think I hurt my knee. Not a big deal but not great either. I look down at the girl, she's pretty short compared to me. I'm around 6ft and this girl must be 5'6 at best. I was definitely admiring her when I remembered that I am a Spider-man, woman like me, I reject everyone. No time for crushes when I could be crushing fascists. I looked at her again as she looks around the group of us standing there. She seems surprised, a little taken aback, and tries to cover the shocked look by laughing it off. I know my beauty is an amazing discovery, she doesn't need to be embarrassed she can't handle all of this.

"You're not from this part of New York." She says well laughing a bit, but her smile quickly fades into a bored look. "No, we're not, but we are lost so do you think-" Gwen's cut off my me grumbling in pain.

"Oh, fuck me, are you really hurt?" The skater asks. "Only my knee, but I can take it. Ig hurt a lot more than just my knee before." I say sighing and sitting back down. She looks around a bit mumbling something about "I live just across the street and no one's home, let me get you an ice pack and a roof. Just for a bit." random pretty girl says. "We'll we don't even know your who you are. What's your name?" Miles says, "Smooth mate" I laugh, "Oh my name is Y/n L/n, I'm 16 and this is definitely the last time I offer my help to someone I hit" Y/n said.

Y/n huh? She seems interesting. I notice the stickers on the bottom of her skateboard. All of which say things like "no problem the government can't make worse" and "fuck authority." She seems like the kinda girl I would wanna get to know.

We all looked at Gwen, she in charge, she decided a what we do. "No. We don't need any help, thank you goodbye." Gwen states. "We'll I would like some help with my knee..." I say to y/n. "Show me the way." She doesn't smile, she keeps the same bored expression. "Ok, right this way" before I can take a step Gwen stops me. "How are you sure she's not a villain?" She whispers. "I'm willing to take the chance." I shrug.

"Fine. But if you are going, we're coming too." Gwen says. "What's your house like?" Pav says throwing an arm around y/n's shoulder as we begin walking. "It's just an apartment, nothing special." She says, now in a more monotone voice. Miles reaches up, putting his arm around my shoulders, to helps me walk. Gwen walks beside Miles. I know she thinks this is a bad idea, but I stopped being her friend, temporarily, when she was given the role of "leader." Not a fan of that.

We walk for five or six minutes, Pav asking tons of questions about life in this town. Y/n answers them all which is helpful for learning about her dimension but also makes me feel shifty cause she doesn't no one deserves to live in a place like this. She talked about the constant crime that she can see from her bedroom window and how no one's ever home so it will be peaceful.

We finally stop outside of one of the buildings. It looks unstable but y/n enters, and I already told everyone that this is what I wanted so I can't back out. Pavitr stops asking questions and the whole group falls silent. Sure, we've all had it rough but none of us have had to walk up 12 flights of stairs that have steps missing to get into our homes.

We stand outside the door as y/n unlocks it and lets us all in. It's nicer than the outside that's for sure. She doesn't seem embarrassed, not even fazed. " Sorry if it's not amazing. I'm the main provider of the house and I don't get much money." She says, as she walks to the kitchen and starts digging around under the sink.

We take a seat on the couch, Gwen sitting in the armchair. As I look around, I noticed there were no family photos, nothing to indicate that anyone else lived here.

Y/n walked back over to us with a med kit. As Pav began asking questions again, she continued to answer them all in seconds flat. Pavitr is a strange lad, always has something to say. So, when he said he had no more questions we were all a bit surprised. I pulled up the end of my pants to let y/n put some numbing cream for the pain and then wrap my knee. "Are you sure you're alright though? You got quite a gash on ya face love." I speak. "That's form a few days ago, it's not that bad anymore." She replies. I opened my mouth to speak again but naturally Pav decided to move on from general questions and began asking personal ones as she worked on my leg.