Part 10: Pav is the best🫶

Pavitr POV:

Ok, I haven't seen spider girl all day, and it's around 4pm. That should be enough time with Y/n especially after they went on that cute restaurant date. Plus I need Hobie to help me out. This is also his job... But they are star cross lovers, different dimensions. It's so cool and could end so tragically, maybe I should give them a bit more time..

No! Miguel said that we needed to do this. I'm not doing it alone. I start to make my way over to y/n's house. But I get a little lost and then I think I'm on the right track but NOPE! Still lost. Geez.

I continue to swing around the city till I see what looks like the road to Y/n's house. By now it's 6pm and Hobie has no choice but to help me. I seriously can't find this spider girl.

I make it to the apartment and look in through a window. I recognize Hobies hair from the back of his head and the inside looks very familiar. I pull up the window and hop into the room. "Hey Hobie, we gotta go!" I say, expecting to scare y/n. For some reason she never expects me to jump out..

Weird, they didn't reply. They didn't even move. THERE DEAD.. OH GOD. Spider girl must have killed them.. they were so young.
oh they are sleeping. Not dead. That's good.

Awe. I snap a couple pictures to show the rest of the team. They are gonna love this. Maybe I should just let them sleep. Hobie and I can hunt for spider girl tomorrow.

As I walk away I decide to just go out through y/n's bedroom window. She probably won't mind. As I step through her door I take note of all the posters and anti-police signs and pins. She's definitely a good match for Hobie. As I walk to the window I almost slip on a jar. Jar? In the middle of Y/n's room? Weird. I bend down picking up the jar to move it. I see small legs and a body in a ball in the jar.. must be a spider.

Wait. That's what the spider girl from this worlds costume looked like.. but Y/n is nothing like the villain spider person. No way it's her. She must just be interested in bugs. There's a picture of her as a kid holding the same spider and another picture of her holding a different weird creature hung on the wall. She's not evil she's just a scientist.. no she's definitely spider girl, but Hobie,. He's so happy.

I understand that we're here to hunt for spider girl and she's literally in Hobies arms but I am a sucker for love.. I'll just let him find out on his own. Man, Maybe he already knows. I put the jar down, hiding it a bit under the bed, and head over to the window. Swinging out of the apartment. Once I'm on a separate roof top, I turn the watch dial and go back to my own dimension, after seeing Hobie and Y/n being all cute, I'd like to go see my girlfriend, Gayatri and be all cute with her. I'm happy for Hobie. He deserves all the love he gets. I just really hope she's as nice as he thinks she is.

But honestly, if anyone in the team would date a villain, it's Hobie. He's all about hating the government and has said "stealing isn't really that bad when I do it" multiple times. Whatever.. I'd still date Gayatri if she was a villain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hobie POV:

I open my eyes a bit, in the dim room, I can see  some furniture and a tv with the saving screen on. I feel something shift in my arms and see Y/n, still asleep. Just moving. I hold her closer and close my eyes again. But all of a sudden I hear a noise.

I hold Y/n close and sit up a bit. I can see Pav swinging out the window and on to a different buildings roof top. Oh shit Pav, the mission, fuck.
But then I can see him step through a portal. I guess he is going home.. Is it that late? I sigh Y/n is still asleep and I'm exhausted. We can stay like this for a bit longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still Hobie POV:

I look down at Y/n, as I feel her moving around again. She looks back up at me with tired eyes.
"morning" I say to her. "Hi." She says back looking a little flustered. I reach over and pull her on top of me and she lays her head down on my chest. We sit in silence for a couple more minutes but then I remember the mission, which I forgot about again. Pavitr already left but I need to head back to HQ and brief Miguel on what we found. Which was nothing but I still have to do it.