Part 18: It Takes Time 🌄

Y/n POV:

I wake up in Hobie's dimension.
Sitting up I feel a sharp sudden pain in my head. My whole body hurts, I feel exhausted. The memories start to rush back.. my best friend, he's gone. I'll never see Peter again. At least not MY Peter. I know the spider dimension is full of Peter Parker's but mine was different. No other Peter would have the same memories of me, and I doubt that there are a lot of Peter Prowlers in the spider verse. I can't believe I froze when Kingpin shot him.. I can't believe I didn't realize that it was about to happen. God it's all my fault.

I sigh flopping down to the bed. I see Hobie sound asleep beside me. Peter was comforting he was my rock, but Hobie is comforting in a different way. Hobie makes me feel safe, he makes me want to be a good guy. Not a full on hero but not the bad guy, not just one of my uncles 'workers.' He's the reason I'm friends with Gwen and Pav now. And I'm not sure if it was obvious but a part of me hated my spider side.. but meeting Hobie has made me feel ok with it. Like if I wasn't a spider kid I wouldn't even know of these people.. right?

But Peter he knew me so well, we grew up together just to be torn apart by my own uncle? No.. no this will not stand. I am going to have to get my revenge. Despite my 'canon.' I don't care if I disappear, Peter's death will never be something I move on from. If I would kill innocent people when I was bad I can kill bad people know that I'm good. It's math.

I know Miguel is going to be on my ass about how I need to fix my canon and that killing kingpin might not be apart of it. I don't really care. I'm going to get revenge for my friend.

I feel the bed start to move a bit as Hobie wakes up. I quickly lay down and pretend I'm still asleep. He's an amazing guy, I literally just talked about how much I like him. I just don't want to talk to anyone right now. I need to be alone with my thoughts. I need to work on my plan to murder my uncle alone, in peace.

"You know.. revenge won't fix anything." I hear Hobie say. How did he know? "You know love, I've gone through loss too. I know your angry. But killing the murderer won't bring Peter back. You may think it's what he would have wanted. And villain or not, Peter wouldn't want you to just murder your only connection to your mom. Y/n, please think this through." Hobie says, shifting off the bed.

"What should I do then?" I feel calm for the first time that morning when I look into his eyes as I sit up. He looks back at me "what do you feel like doing?" He asks me. "I don't know, lying in bed and looking at old pictures I guess? But it just sounds so pathetic.." I say Hiding my face. Hobie smiles.

"Grieving is not pathetic. It's normal." He says "tell you what I'm going to make breakfast and if you promise to eat a little, tiny bit of something and a drink some water, you can just relax all day right here in my bed." As he finishes talking I realized that I had to do this. I hate the sad sappy feelings of grief but maybe if I get it over with it will be ok sooner.

"I'm not that hungry." I say feeling a little sick when I think of food. I don't know why this loss has effected my appetite, I just can't imagine eating well thinking about Peter. "Alright. No food is ok for now but you gotta try to eat something tonight. Ok? Even if it's just a little bit of food. And I'm still getting the water." Hobie says. I see a look of pity flash across his face for a second. Like he is almost as upset as me.

I nod and he exists the room to get water. I stare at the door as it closes behind him. He's truly god sent, I wish my spider career was as pure as his. I hope he doesn't feel like he has to take care of me. Is that why he looked so pitiful? Because I'm stuck on the verge of tears and can't move? Bullshit I can move. I can fucking leave if I wanna.. I just wanna stay here right now but I'd leave if I felt like it. Probably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hobie POV:

As soon as I woke up it was like I could feel the hatred and desperation for revenge radiating off her body. Clearly pretending to be asleep I spoke up a bit, I tried to tell her revenge isn't the answer but I still would understand that my girl is gonna be a little broken for a bit. Support is a much needed thing and nothing will keep me from frying to help Y/n deal with the pain. Happens to all spider people. Me, Miles Gwen- GWEN! I hope Gwen's dong ok too, I mean this petted was a perfect replica of her Peter. Right now my priorities lay with Y/n but I'll shout Gwen a text or barge into her home and have a quick chat with her.

Alright I said I'd get water but come on mate, she needs to eat. Even if it's just junk candy. I feel so bad for Y/n. Everything happened so recently, Peters death is still so fresh. But fresh or not she's got to eat something..

I get a small bowl of fruit and a glass of water and start walk go the room, I stop outside when I hear speaking again. Opening the door I'm met with Miguel's big arse face yelling about Y/n's canon. Geez he needs to talk a break.. slow down and relax a bit damn.

I step into the room, Miguel gets quiet and moves to the side. "Miguel, what can I do for you?" I ask him. I really hope he just gets upset or embarrassed and leaves.

"I need to talk to Y/n.. alone." Miguel says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count; (1123)
Hey. We're you ready for this chapter? I always tell you to stay prepared for the chapter drops.. new I could trust you. Any point of even saying it again at the end of this one?
Also this is sort of edited but not really😭 I apologize!

Next chapter soon. BE READY🫶