Part 9: FINALLY😵‍💫

Y/n POV:

When I arrive home I take a minute to sit on the floor, right where the portal dropped me off. I just need to think for a second. I knew that Hobie liked me. Or at least DEFINITELY seemed like he did so us almost kissing wasn't a big surprise to me. Pavitr did scare me a bit. He's likes to jump into conversations. Plus do I really wanna kiss Hobie in front of all his friends..?

..I mean yeah of course I'd kiss him in front of anyone, a kiss is a kiss. I sit for a second thinking about our almost kiss but then snap back into reality. Yes we almost kissed but we didn't so who cares.

I do. I care a lot. But I'm hungry and tired so I make myself some food and then go to have a 30 minute nap. It's only 4pm so I'll just sleep a little bit and then deal with looking for the spider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's crazy how 30 minutes can turn into 17 hours. So now it's 9am. My bad. Ugh I feel like shit. Standing up I wander into the kitchen and make some breakfast. I get changed out of yesterdays clothes and then sit down on my bed. I sigh and try to just think. Not even a second later I remember, I've got to find the spider that bit me and see if I can figure out what the spider has to do with my new power. I jump off my bed and onto the floor. I dig around under my bed and finally find the jar.

It's sealed tight and I can see the dead spider lying in a ball in the jar. Beside the jar was a picture of me with the spider right before it bit me. I thought it was such a cool spider, I wanted it to be my pet. I was a weird kid and I wanted to keep it to look at dead or not. But it is definitely coming in handy right now. I'm glad I was so strange. It feels like I got bit so long ago. I was so different. I look at the picture of me, I was so much happier back then.

As I try to open the jar I realize that I definitely won't be able to. I run into the kitchen and grab a knife. I use it to pop the lid off and dump the jar on the table. The spider falls out. I stare at it.

Even though I liked spiders as a kid, after I got bit I began to hate spiders. The bite hurt, I think even if I didn't get powers I still would have started to move away from holding random spiders in the streets of New York.

I look at it for a bit longer before I get annoyed at my own nerves and pick it up. I look at it, around the back I can see that the spider has dark pink stripes and a dark blue body. The eyes had a pink glow when it was alive. Even now they still kind of had a glow. That's what my spider suit is based off of.

I set the spider down and take the knife I used to open the jar and cut the spider open. Everything inside of it is a neon pink, and glowing a bit. God I hate spiders. I cringe a little as I take the knife out of the spider and wipe it on some glass I had gotten from Peter. This glass is special, instead of using a microscope I can use my computer.

I'm not really sure how it works but the glass is very thick and the bottom sheet has a very small hole for the plug. The top and bottom aren't really clear as they both look like small mother boards but when you plug it into a computer you can see everything in between the glass super clearly. Like you can see the cells and shit. Plus the computer can scan it and find similar things online. All in all very useful.

I plug the glass into the computer. And the computer starts scanning the blood. I sigh happily and gently lift the spider back into the jar. I put the lid on it and set it under my bed, where it belongs.

I sit down back at the computer and see that it couldn't complete the scan. Weird.. I press retry and after a minute it says couldn't complete again. "Mother fucker" I say quietly. Well fuck me sideways why isn't this working?! I slam my head on my desk.