Part 6: I should not be here🧍‍♀️

Hobie POV:

I wave bye to Y/n and walk out of the station. I start the walk back to the alley we were beat up in. As a walk I think about put what Y/n said, "she was getting dinner with her friend, and HE wanted burgers." He huh? Who the bloody hell is he. Doesn't matterI , she said she's single.

I arrived at the alley, i saw the webs evil spider girl had me tied up in, I see some blood but no watch. I start kicking around the dirt. I'm not panicking though, worst comes to worst a civilian has it and accidentally travels to HQ. I don't know if 1852 spider girl or maybe this dimensions Prowler has it but if they did and travelled then it wouldn't matter because they would end up in an all-spider people dimension and be dealt with right away.

Miguel can track when and where the watch is used, of course we don't want him to know that Miles lost it so we'll ask spider byte to see if she can get a read on the watch.

I kicked the dirt around more but eventually just give up. I honestly don't care if Miguel gets mad. I just did this cause Miles and Miguel have had some problems in the past, and Miles does everything in his power to avoid conflict with Miguel.

I personally, don't mind the fighting. It allows me to steal some of the 2099 tech without anyone noticing. And it's keeps Miguel off my arse about what I say and do. I worry about Miles though. I don't want Miguel to crush him. But if Miles crushed Miguel, that would be so bloody funny.

I am kinda hungry, and only got about 10 dollars. So, I leave the alley and head out too look for a restaurant. There are normally a lot of people out at night, at least, in my New York. This one's weird no one is really here. I find a small place that's still open and head in, I get my food to go, and then set the watch to Earth-1610 and step through. I gotta tell Miles someone nicked the watch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV:

As I sit on the train, I realize two things. One, I could swing home and it would take like 10 minutes but I'm on a 45-minute train ride. Two, I just let Hobie, a spider man, who I'm supposed to be against, walk away without even a fight. How stupid am I.

How did I get so distracted? What is wrong with me, I've never been so off my game. I did do anything. I should have done something. Fuck.

All of a sudden, I hear a beep. Looking in my bag I noticed the watch is glowing. Oh god. What if it's got a camera in it? What if they can track it? This is weird, no matter what I've always been able to keep my composure, so why right now am I letting stress get to me.

I sigh, I'll check out that stupid watch at home. I wonder what it does. Matter of fact, I wonder what Hobie was doing without the other spider kids. Must have been looking for the watch. That means it might be useful. Or at least, it must be sorta important.

I arrive at my stop; this time I remember I can just use my webs, so I swing home. Two minutes later I'm on the roof of my apartment building. I walk down through roof door and into my apartment.

Dads not home and Mikey is asleep in his room, so I just go straight to mine. I set my bag down on my desk, as I sit down on the chair in front of it. I open up my computer and start searching through my bag to find the watch.

I have to search for a few minutes, but I find a wire that plugs into the watch and my computer. As I plug it in my computer starts to bug. I hit it a few times and it straightens itself out. The watches code starts downloading.

After about 2 minutes of watching all the data download it was only at 1%, so I grabbed my phone to distract myself. After a couple minutes of scrolling on Instagram, liking Miro's post, I feel a little sad seeing it. All my friends hung out together after school. I check my notifications and saw that all of them invited me to come multiple times. I know they feel bad that I'm constantly ignoring them but at least they aren't giving up on me yet. One day, soon, I'll be able to hangout all the time.