31 - Under Observation

'Ready, my beloved mistresses?' chuckled Guy as he stood ready to leave, wearing an oversized red collar with a large tag with his name hanging from it, and big round ears and a thick tail in a similar colour to his dark blonde hair.

The girls came up to him, each carrying a thick red leash. 'Who's ready for walkies?' said Cani with the enthusiastic tone reserved for precious pets. 'Who's a good boy wanting to go walking now?'

He sniggered and wiggled his behind to wag his tail. 'You better have some treats on you.'

Though they didn't have to dress up because Uncle explained the situation when they returned to the neighbourhood, they still wanted to do something without changing much, and the idea to reverse the master and his pets perception was born.

Down at the closed off street decorated with masks, flags, and strings of coloured lights, kids and adults dressed as one of their foreign neighbourhood members played games on the street or at one of the stalls, or had a bite to eat or drink. They cheered at the gang as they stepped out of the building, and the gang waved and called out to their neighbours and the visitors who wanted to participate in the carnival with the special dress theme.

'What do we do first?' asked Avia.

'I want to check on Auntie and Uncle first.' said Guy. 'I have no specific plans after that.'

'We'll just see what comes up then.' said Feli, and the gang headed for the store.

***

A woman in a tight grey mouse costume at the side of a stall selling sausages in a bun, looked over her shoulder at the gang walking down the street. 'Finally they left their place.' said miss Chihiro, pushing back one of the ears flopping down against her forehead. 'Time to work, mister Purfries.'

'Let's follow them discreetly then.' said the black feline dressed as a white feline similar to Feli, and pulled up his hood with white ears.

Miss Chihiro stepped forward and bounced back against mister Purfries, who quickly grabbed her. She looked down. 'Would you mind taking your foot from my tail?'

He lifted it at once. 'My apologies. I hadn't noticed.'

'That's quit all right. If it had been areal one, I would have noticed myself.' She pat his hands at her stomach quickly. 'You can let go of me as well.'

He let go and cleared his throat. 'We'd better hurry before we lose sight of them.'

***

Auntie and Uncle manned their colourful stall with candy and ice cream, and they waved at the gang when they saw them in the crowd filling the busy street. Cani looked over the stall decorated as if it was made of candy and licked her lips. 'How much for the whole thing?'

Auntie giggled. 'I don't think it'll taste as good as it looks.'

'But it contains plenty of fibre.' said Mami. 'Good for your digestion.'

Cani stuck her tongue out to her. 'I thought you were the wood nibbling species here.'

Uncle laughed and leaned forward. 'How about a compromise with a nice ice cream cone?'

Guy regaled Auntie and Uncle with their adventure at the tribe in the new dimension while the girls enjoyed their ice cream and took a first look around. 'Pierre asked me to say goodbye for now to everyone. He will visit here again, but he doesn't know when as long as there's no stable transfer between here and there.'

Uncle leaned on the counter. 'I can imagining doing the same if I were him. Can't leave a sweet woman behind when you find one.' he said, and pulled Auntie close for a quick hug in his arm.