Broadway Baby (Quicketh)

A few days after Puck got home, he and Quinn decided to take Beth to see The Lion King on Broadway as an early birthday present. She had never seen a Broadway show before, and she loved Disney.

The trio went out to dinner before the show. Quinn had wanted to make it special for Beth, and treat Puck since he was home.

"Cheers, B." Puck smiled as he raised his glass. "To our first Broadway show. Say thanks Mommy."

"Thanks, Mommy." Beth smiled excitedly. "Cheers."

"Cheers." Quinn repeated, clinking her glass against the other two. She lowered it and sipped it as she looked at Puck. "This is your first Broadway show?"

Puck nodded. "The first time I ever came to New York was in junior year, and I haven't really been here since."

"Didn't you see Rock of Ages?" Quinn asked Puck.

"No, we didn't end up getting to go." Puck stated. "We always said we'd go to a show another time, like, after graduation or something, but..."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Mommy, have you ever seen a Broadway show?" Beth wondered.

"I saw my first one was when I was young." Quinn answered. "And whenever my dad was in New York for work, he'd fly me and my sister out and take us to dinner and a show."

"Have you seen a lot of shows, Mommy?" Beth asked.

"I have." Quinn nodded. "I think the first show I ever saw on Broadway was Seussical when I was six. I asked to go to Rocky Horror, but my father knew better. The four of us saw A Christmas Carol the following year, and the year after that, we saw Hairspray, which my dad hated."

"Why?" Beth questioned Quinn.

"Well, he didn't really get it." Quinn said.

"Why?" Beth repeated.

"Eat your dinner, Monkeyface." Puck added. "We don't wanna be late."

-

The trio got to the theatre and Quinn led the way inside through security and to their seats.

"Q, how expensive were these?" Puck asked softly as they sat down in the front row.

"I have some connections." Quinn told Puck as she looked at Beth. "B, let's go to the bathroom before the show starts."

"I'm gonna go grab some snacks and drinks." Puck decided. "I'll meet you two back here."

"Okay." Quinn smiled as Beth took her hand.

The girls went to the bathroom and washed their hands before leaving. Quinn held Beth's hand and led her back to their seats.

"Hey." Puck smiled as he handed each of them a cup. "Drinks."

"Thanks." Quinn replied, taking her cup.

The trio took their seats again, with Quinn sitting in between Puck and Beth. She wanted to see both of their reactions to their first Broadway show.

"Comfy, B?" Quinn asked.

Beth nodded and sipped her drink.

"Daddy has snacks, too." Quinn told Beth. "Go easy on your drink."

Beth nodded again and smiled as Puck passed out the snacks.

Soon enough, the lights dimmed and the show began.

-

Quinn smiled as Puck gently grabbed her hand during Can You Feel the Love Tonight. She looked at him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

At the end of the show, Beth got up from her seat and clapped excitedly during the curtain calls.

When the curtains closed, the trio held hands as they left the theatre.

"So what'd you think?" Quinn asked, looking at Puck.

"It was cool." Puck answered. "The set design and lighting and costume changes... everything was so cool."

Quinn squeezed Puck's hand, smiling as she turned to Beth. "What'd you think? Did you like it?"

"I wanna do that." Beth told her parents. "Sing and dance."

"You do?" Quinn asked.

Beth nodded.

"We'll put you in some classes and you can see what you think." Puck suggested. "Does that sound good?"

"Yeah."