Gone (Quicketh)

"Noah."

Puck looked at Quinn's mother.

"I said we're going to choose a gravestone now." Judy informed Puck. "Do you want to look?"

Puck shook his head.

"You don't have any input?" Judy asked.

"No." Puck said. "You can pick one."

"I planned the whole service." Judy stated. "You don't want-"

"No, I don't." Puck interrupted as he got up and put Beth on his hip. "I don't wanna plan a funeral or pick out a gravestone for an eighteen-year-old."

"Noah, I know this is hard for you, but-"

"I'm out of here. See you at the services."

-

"Dada."

Puck looked at Beth in the backseat of his car.

"Out." Beth requested.

"Yeah, let's get out." Puck nodded. He dragged himself out of his car and opened Beth's door, unbuckling her and putting her on his hip.

Beth squirmed in Puck's arms as Puck closed the car door.

"Please, B." Puck tried to calm her down.

"Walk." Beth whined as she continued squirming.

Puck sighed as he put the toddler down and held her hand. He took a deep breath as he led Beth inside.

The funeral home was packed. Quinn's mom was in the front, and the glee kids were in the seats surrounding her. It was so packed that Puck couldn't even see the casket, which he was grateful for since he already felt nauseous.

Puck had contemplated skipping the services or showing up drunk, but he didn't. He knew Quinn didn't deserve that. And neither did Beth, although Beth had no idea what was going on.

Puck felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Finn had come to check on him.

"Finny!" Beth exclaimed happily.

"Hi, Beth." Finn said, giving the blonde a small smile before looking at Puck again. "You should come up and see her."

Puck nodded.

Finn put his hand on Puck's shoulder again and walked with him to the front.

Puck's stomach dropped when he saw Quinn in the coffin. It was as if he was holding onto hope that this wasn't real and seeing her shattered that.

Finn stood beside Puck, supporting him while he stood in front of Quinn.

Puck could feel his heart racing, and it surprised him that he even still had a working heart. He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly.

"Dada."

Puck opened his eyes and looked at Beth, who was kneeling on the bench in front of him. She was looking at Puck, not at Quinn.

"Mama heaven?" Beth questioned Puck.

Puck nodded slowly and put his hands on Beth's shoulders as he looked at Finn.

"Beth, why don't you go sit by your grandma? Or Tana?" Finn suggested.

Puck shook his head. "She's okay."

-

After what felt like an eternity, the trio walked away from the front and took their seats. Puck felt weird sitting in the front next to Quinn's mom and having people greet him and express their condolences to him while Beth sat on his lap.

Puck closed his eyes and held onto Beth while every memory with Quinn flashed through his mind.

When he felt a hand on his arm, Puck opened his eyes. Again, he had hoped it was Quinn, but of course it wasn't. Santana had brought their teachers to him.

Puck went to get up to let Coach Beiste and Mr. Schue greet him, but they sat down beside him.

"We're so sorry, Puck." Mr. Schue frowned.

Puck nodded, not knowing what else to say. He knew the proper response was 'thank you' or even 'it's okay,' but neither of those felt right.

"Hi." Beth waved at Mr. Schue and Coach Beiste.

"Hi, Beth." Mr. Schue responded as he looked at Puck.

"If either of you need anything, punkin', you got a whole room of people here for you." Coach Beiste reminded Puck. "For both of you."

Puck nodded again.

-

Puck was standing beside his car smoking a cigarette and waiting for Beth after the funeral.

"Why don't you and Beth come to the cemetery with me and Rachel?" Finn offered as he walked over to Puck.

Puck didn't say anything.

"You shouldn't be driving." Finn added. "You and Beth can-"

"I shouldn't be here." Puck interrupted softly.

"What?" Finn asked. "Of course you should be here. You, of all people, should be here."

"Why? 'Cause she was my daughter's mother?" Puck questioned Finn. "She died thinking I hated her, Finn."

"No." Finn shook his head. "No, Quinn knew you loved her. And she loved you."

Puck bit his lip.

"Come to the cemetery with me and Rachel." Finn said again. "Please."

"Fine."

-

"We're gonna wait in the car." Finn told Puck. "Take as long as you need."

Puck nodded to acknowledge that he heard Finn, and looked at Beth, who was trying to comfort her crying grandmother. He took a deep breath as he got up and walked over to the blondes.

"Dada, up." Beth requested.

Puck picked Beth up and put her on his hip. He paused and looked at the gravestone. It was heartbreakingly beautiful. Quinn would've been happy with it, and with the services and everything her mother had done.

"Noah." Judy said softly, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. "Thank you."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow and nodded as Judy walked away, leaving him alone with Beth.

"Dada." Beth muttered.

Puck looked at Beth.

"Mama, gone?"

"Mama's gone."