Better Halfs

Sage

A new voice comes to the phone "What message?"

"Save the cheerleader; save the world." Isaac moves closer to Peter and I "What cheerleader? Where?" Peter looks at Isaac. He covers the telephone mouthpiece. "What cheerleader? Where?" He asked Isaac "I don't know where she is."

"Yeah, but you painted these." Oh my god, i took away the phone from peter and talked. Isaac walks away from both of us "We don't know who she is. We don't know where she is. We just know that we need to save her."

"Tell him about the guy from the future." Isaac leans forward to look at the painting of the dead cheerleader. "He is the guy from the future."

"A Hiro Nakamura from the future, who speaks English and carries a sword stopped time to tell me that I have to save the cheerleader. That's—that's all I know." He takes the phone and speaks "Get to New York. We'll find out where the cheerleader is." Peter hangs up.

——————————

Meanwhile, Peter organizes Isaac's paintings. "Grab that side." He tells me pointing at the last painting. Peter and I move it up against the wall next to the other paintings.  "We must be missing something. Some sign of where they are. See, these paintings, they fit together like pages in a comic book."

We take some steps back. "There's a panel missing." I point to the missing comic painting. "What was right there?"

"Nothing. This is everything I painted last night. But there's a piece about that size. I painted it weeks ago." He starts to think "Simone has it."

"Simone?" Peter ask "Oh yeah, She took a bunch of the paintings to sell. It's with them."  "What was it of?"

"I don't remember. I was high." He says with a shrug. "Then we need to get it back." Isaac scoffs and i take out my phone to dial her number "Tell her a guy from the future said you needed it. I'm sure she'll love that."

———————

"She said she'll try to find it. But it might take her a while" Peter nodded his head. We where at his apartment now, he walks over to me and put his hands on both sides of the table putting me i the middle of his open arms. "I guess we have time"

"Time for what?" I asked putting my arms behind his neck. "To properly ask you out on a date" He walked out and walked out the door closing the door, locking himself out. The doorbell rang. I walked over to it and opened the door to peter holding a single rose. I laughed, so classic. "Sage Ann Deveaux, will you do the pleasure of going on a date with me"

"Hum, let me think about it..... No" I smiled and i closed the door but he stopped it with his foot.  "I'm Not leaving until i get a yes!"

"Well this is your home, i can just leave" He opened the door and pulled me towards him and kissed me. "Take the rose and say yes" He says with a whisper "Yes" I say with a smile.  "How about later today?"

"Tonight?" I ask "Tonight" he answers  "Than it's a date."

"Wear a dress"

"Why?"

"Just do it"

"No Peter, i don't want anything fancy or formal. Sitting down in front of the fire wearing sweats, drinking wine or whatever and talking is just perfect for me. Okay" I saw putting the rose up to my nose and taking in the fresh scent. "Alright, just go put on something comfortable and come back"

I nodded and i walked out of his apartment and went to mine. I wore soccer sweats and a white shirt. I went back to his apartment and he just yelled "Its Open!" I opened the door and it was a little dark,i walked in and all the lights where off but there where several candles lit up.

"You said nothing fancy or formal, but never said nothing about romantic"

"Wow" I looked around the apartment, it looked to beautiful like this. I looked at peter and he was wearing black sweats and a dark gray V-neck shirt. He passed me a cup of red wine and we sat on the couch. "So what do you want to talk about"

"The future"

"So, what about it"

"What do you plan on doing? You know after we all move on?"

"Well, we aren't really going to have a normal life if you ask me" I take a sip of the wine and move it around "Just because you have powers, doesn't mean you can't be normal, Peter." He pauses and looks at his wine than he looks up "But we are different, people don't want different. They want normal." I roll my eyes and look at him  "No one is normal" I inform  "Put they pretend to be" he answers back "Yeah"

I took another sip of my wine and looked into it. "I started practicing"

"Practicing what?"

"My power"

"Can you show me"

"Okay, hold out your glass" So he did, I put my hand out and a small layer appeared under the glass. "Let it go" he just looked at me  "You sure" he asked me, I nod "Yes I'm sure" He started letting go of the glass slowly. "Trust me" I say with a light chuckle and I smile. He let go of it and the glass didn't fall it just stood still. "Telekinesis?" I shook my head "No, i don't think so, because i see a small little layer of blue under the glass. You don't see it?"

"Yeah, I do" I took another sip of the wine and I set it on the table  "So what is your power, Peter Petrelli?" He took a sip of wine and answered "Flying" I raise a brow and put my legs up on his lap  "What about the painting? Peter you have more than one power"

"I still need to figure out, okay. And you are going to help me." I leaned towards him and kissed him "Yes i will, but let's just forget about that now" I kissed him again and stood up, looked at him and took a held of his hand and walked towards his room.