Nothing To Hide

Sage

I woke up in bed remembering about last night. I smiled and then the door started to knock. Peter groaned, I patted his back and kissed his shoulder.

"I'll get it"

I got out of the bed and found his shirt and put it on. I walked over to the door and opened it. It was my sister Simone.

"I knew I'll fine you here" She started to cry a little.
"Simone, what happened?" I asked with concern
She wiped her tears. "It's dad." No. This can't happen. "He passed away a  hour ago, I tried calling but you didn't answer"

"I'm so sorry, I-"

I closed the door behind me and then hugged her. After a while she told me about when we where going to have his funeral, we talked and agreed. She left home and I walked back in the apartment. When I walked in Peter walked in too.

He pointed and I looked down noticing his shirt  "I was looking for my shirt." He looked at me. "You okay?" He walked to me and put his hands on my cheeks and brushed him thumbs against them. "It's my dad"

"That's so weird. I was just having a dream about him."

"He passed away and hour ago. I really need you here for me right now." I said with a whisper. He kissed forehead and took me into his arms. Hot tears came rolling down my eyes as I cried on the crew of his neck.

————————

We went to Isaac's loft to try and find the painting again. I opened the loft with the extra key and walked in. "Isaac?" Nothing "Isaac, you here?" I asked. Still nothing. "He's not here. I'll go ask the land lord where he went."

"Okay"

The studio is bare of paintings. I sit at the table, looking through Isaac's sketchbook. Peter returns to the studio. "Landlord said Isaac's gone. He took his paintings and —" Peter stops and looks around the empty studio. He just realizes that ALL the paintings are gone, I guess I don't have to tell him.  "Did you know he was leaving?"

"No. I can't believe he would just go like that. I thought we were just starting to make sense of his paintings." Peter looks at the area of the studio where they hung the paintings. They're all gone. "I wanted to tell him what happened in person. But I guess Simone will have to." Sage find a sketch of my dad, Charles Deveaux in the sketchbook.  "Isaac sketched it for my dad's 70th birthday. You know, Simone and I have been trying to get him clean forever. The one time we need him. Feels like everybody's leaving me."

"Hey you have your sister and I'm not going anywhere." He kisses me and I give him a sad smile. "When he was still in a coma, like it was any other, he started talking. He said he'd been flying all over the world. But that it was a world he didn't recognize. There was so many people filled with pain. Nobody looking out for each other. He worried for them. And for me. Until you told him everything would be okay."

"What do you mean I told him?" I have me a questioning look. "I dont know. Simone told me that he said that you were flying with him. And you told him it was all gonna be okay. That there were people who cared, who would make a difference. That you would save the world. After that, he just put his head down and ... he was gone. Like he was falling asleep."

"I never had that conversation with your father."

"But it sounds like something you would say. Those messages you left on Simone's  answering machine. You said you wanted one of Isaac's paintings. Because it would help you save the world. But if you had that painting ..."

"I could save the world." He added, I just looked around and I looked down at my shoes. "Linderman." I said looking up "What?" I just give him a piece of paper of his information "The painting you want. Simone said she sold it to a guy named Linderman. He lives in Las  Vegas ."