Five Years Gone

3rd Person

FIVE YEARS IN THE FUTURE

Hiro looks around. He turns the lights on. All around him strings hang stretched across from one end of the room to the other, intersecting in various points in the center. Various notes, photos and slips of paper are clipped to the strings. The web of strings stretch across the entire room.
"What is all this?" Ando ask his short friend. Hiro looks around. "I think it's ... a timeline." We see various items we recognize – an origami tsuru, a photo of Claire in her cheerleader uniform, a post-it with "SAVE THE CHEERLEADER," a photo of Isaac's painting, the Primatech business card and a VOTE PETRELLI campaign photo.

Hiro ducks under the string and continues to look around. "A timeline of what?" Hiro looks around and stops on a newspaper clipping from the ODESSA REGISTER. The headline reads: TRAIN FIRE RESCUE. The subheadline reads: "Mysterious Good Samaritan Saves Man."
Hiro turns. "Mr. Isaac?" Hiro puts his hand on his sword handle. He ducks under a string as he heads toward the back of the studio. He unsheathes his sword and comes face to face with his future self – also brandishing his sword at him. In the back, Ando has his gun out. His eyes widen and he lowers the gun. Two Hiros. Future Hiro glares at Past Hiro.

"You." Future hero says "Me?" Young hero says Future Hiro lowers his sword. "What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here." Future Hiro walks past Hiro and Ando. He ducks under the string in the room. "None of this is supposed to be here." Future here says
"It was an accident. We time traveled."

"What happened to the city?" And I ask. Future Hiro removes his scarab from his back and he stops in front of the table. Future Hiro sheathes his sword. Ando walks up to him. "The bomb." Future Hiro opens the window to show the city outside still in ruins. "The bomb still happened. It was all supposed to change." Future hero says to young hero and ando.

Future Hiro turns and starts moving back into the room. He ducks under the string. He puts his sword back around his back.
"Five years ago, a man named Sylar exploded in the heart of the city, changing the world forever." He stops. "I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I had it all beat." Future Hiro lapses into silence and studies the web of string. "I look upset." He says to Ando "Go. Talk to yourself."

"No way ... I scare me. You do it." He pushing his friend lightly. Ando turns and walks over to Future Hiro. "Excuse me. Future Hiro, what is this?" We move along a blue ribbon with an article clipped to it, "Our Strength in Dark Times."

"This is a map of time. The events that led up to the bomb ..." Another article is clipped to another string, NYC DEVASTATED. "... that destroyed half the city, five years ago today. I've been working on it for years."

"Why?" Young hero ask. Future Hiro doesn't turn around. He ducks under more string. "To determine ... the precise moment to go back in time ... to change the future." He turns and looks at a particular string. "I finally found it." He looks at a photo of a painting of FUTURE HIRO, SAGE DEVEAUX AND PETER PETRELLI in the subway. The post-it note clipped to it says OCT 4th, N.Y. SUBWAY.

Two more strings with a tsuru origami and a yellow post it with "SAVE THE CHEERLEADER" written on it.

"Save the cheerleader ..." Future hero start to say "- Save the world! You visited Peter Petrelli with this message."Hero says finishing his sentence with excitement "Yes, did he do it? Did Peter save her?"

"Yes, he did." Future Hiro closes his eyes with satisfaction. He nods. "Claire is still alive. Which means Sylar never took her power. Which means you were able to kill him, right?"

"Me? Kill Sylar?" Even Ando's confused. Future Hiro looks grim. "You didn't?" Hiro shakes his head. "Then ... I need to get you back there. On the day the bomb explodes, you need to kill Sylar."