Landslide

3RD PERSON

Peter's hands continue to glow. Peter looks at his hands and concentrates. Claire turns and walks over to him. Peter looks at Claire. "Claire, you know what you have to do." Claire opens her handbag and takes out the gun. She doesn't want to do it. "Do it." Mr. Bennet and Matt watch Peter. Claire turns the gun and points it at Peter. "Wait!" Sage stopped her by pushing the gun down slowly. He concentrates and manages to get it under control.

"I'm okay." He looks down at his hands. They're still glowing, but not uncontrollably. He takes a breath and they stop glowing.

——-

Ted, Peter and Matt talk as Sage listens and watches. "I just rode 26 hours from Texas to take down the evil bastards who want me dead, and you're saying I should turn around and go back because of a painting that you saw?" Peter nods "Yeah. That and a dream. Matt mind-reads Peter.
"He might be nuts, Ted, but he's not lying. He believes every word of it."

"They'll take out the tracking system, then you're gonna be free." Ted chuckles "Free? I killed people with my powers, okay? I didn't mean to, but it happened. And now the FBI thinks I'm a terrorist."

"Yeah, but you're not a terrorist. You need to get out of town before you become one."

"There's a town in Nebraska: Windy Fork, population 15. I want you to go there and wait for me to contact you."

"He gave me directions."

"You're sending your daughter with them?"

"Claire tells me she has a destiny. She stopped Ted from melting down once before and saved all our lives — she could do it again. She could stop both of you."

"And I'll be there too" Peter walks up to Ted and looks at him. "You coming?"

"I'm in." Across the other side of the plaza and find SYLAR standing behind the building corner listening in on their conversation.

——-

Claire, Sage, Peter and Ted are crossing the street."You know, I've been thinking after we save the world, I might go on patrol. You know, jumping in front of bullets and dragging people out of burning buildings."

"Not gonna catch me wearing a cape, zipping around with my underwear outside my pants."

C"Why do we have to rent a car? Can't we just fly to Nebraska? In a plane."

"The FBI's got my face all over wanted posters. I wouldn't get very far in an airport." Peter hears the thoughts of another.

SYLAR: Ted's a fugitive. I can use that to get his power.

He stops and turns around. "What is it?" Sage asks putting a hand on his shoulder. Peter looks around "It's Sylar. He's here. He's watching us."

"Right now?" Claire ask in worry "He knows what Ted can do. We need to get off the streets." Peter, Sage and Claire run into the nearby HOTSPUR CAR RENTAL building. "Who's Sylar?" Sage pulls Ted into the building with them. Nearby, Sylar is casually eating a bowl of ice cream.

——-

Ted, Sage, Peter and Claire walk out of the HOTSPUR CAR RENTAL building.
"So this guy Sylar, he kills people like us?"

"Yeah, to take what we can do."

"How does he manage that?"

"He rips your head open."

"I say we stick with the plan, get out of the city." Cop cars suddenly appear in front of them, their tires screeching. FBI Agents with their weapons scramble out of the vehicles. "Get out of here. Go!"

"Federal agents. On your knees!"

"Get out of here, Claire" Ted says yelling at the blond. Peter grabs Claire and pulls her away from Ted.

"Now! Now!" The officers gel Ted has his hands up in the air in surrender. The agents push Ted down to the sidewalk.
"Let's go!" As Ted watches, Peter puts his arm around Claire's shoulder and hold Sage's hand, turns them around, and they vanish.

——-

[EXT. STREET — NIGHT]

SAGE

Traffic is stopped on the street, horns honking. Cars are bumper to bumper People are out of their cars as they wait for the traffic to clear. Peter moves his car forward a little. "C'mon!" Someone yells
"Hey, move the car!" Peter says as He shouts out the window. "Come on, get moving!" He shouts again but the Traffic isn't moving. "Is this the only way out of the city?"

"No, but it's the fastest." Peter gets out of the car to see what's holding everything out. Claire and I get out as well. We walk to the front. This is very serious. The once empty street has been blocked off as emergency personnel tend to the overturned FBI transport van. Two officers check the back of the vehicle.

"This is the sickest thing I've ever seen. Did this happen in the accident?"

"The top of the guy's head came off! How else does that happen?"

Audrey Hanson appears behind them as she walks past. "You don't wanna know."
We are on the other side of the fence. They see the agents being wheeled away on a gurney. From where they are, they can see what happened. "Sylar got him. He killed Ted."

"Does that mean Sylar can do what Ted can do?" Peter nods "He's the one. He's gonna wipe out the entire city."

"You've gotta stop him."

"I don't think I can. The last time I fought Sylar, he killed me." Peter grabs Claire's hand and they leave, I walking behind them "Come on. Come on."

A/N: Okay, I only need to edit the last chapter of this book and i will upload it soon and it will be the longest chapter of them all. I hoped you guys liked the book so far and please Vote and Comment. Thanks loves. -V