Six Months Ago

Peter is hosting a party at his apartment. He's got Christmas lights hanging around the door frame. There's a knock at the door. He answers it and finds Nathan, Heidi and Angela Petrelli. "Hey. What's going — ?" Nathan is carrying a shoe box with a white ribbon around it and Sage is behind him, smiling. He opens the box and shoves the white shoes under Peter's nose. "Ladies, 10 1/2." Nathan said  "I picked them out" Sage said happily "Oh, you know, the reason I became a nurse was to wear shoes like this, thank you very much." They both smile "Of course. Get a drink?"

"Yeah, it's right inside." He motions Nathan and Sage inside, then turns to greet his sister-in-law. "I told them it wasn't funny." Heidi said looking back at Nathan and they hug. "I know." Heidi goes in to follow Nathan. "Hey, Mom." Peter says to his mother
"Hello, sweetheart." He kisses her on the cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Come on in." He closes the front door behind her "Your father is very proud of you."

"And still couldn't make it."

"Well, he had a meeting. Mr. Linderman's in Atlantic City —" He Interrupts gently "Listen, I-I did this without his blessing, and without his money. Okay? So I think it's only right that we celebrate without him."

"I have always wanted a nurse in the family. We have enough lawyers."

"Thanks, Mom." Angela turns to join the party. Peter watches her walk away.

[INT. PETER'S BEDROOM – NIGHT]

Heidi and Sage dances out the open balcony doors holding a champagne bottle in one hand and her glass in the other. Sage heads over to Nathan and Peter who are talking.  "So, Peter, have you chosen a specialty?" Sage refills Peter's glass. "Uh, I'm thinking of hospice care."

"Oh!"

"Yeah."

"Taking care of dead people?" Heidi nudges Nathan over with her hip and sits on the seat next to him and Sage stands next to peter, then sits down when he makes a little space. "They're not dead. They're dying. And I think it's noble." Sage says, She hands Nathan the champagne bottle. He starts filling her glass. Peter sits up straighter. "Thank you." He turns and gives Nathan a 'so-there' look. Heidi smiles at Peter. "What's the pay?"

Peter sulks. "Ugh. Honey. You know, I'm gonna go call the sitter, and when I come back ... you are gonna dance with me." Nathan and Heidi giggle and smile cheesily at Peter. Heidi gets up and leaves. Nathan moves to sit next to Peter and I sit there listening

"What's going on?"

"The DA wants me to prosecute Linderman."

"Your dad's biggest client."

"Mm-hmm, yeah. Well, the DA thinks Linderman's mob ties run so deep, if I can take him down, the empire crumbles."

"You do that, though, Dad'll go down too." Peter says to his older brother "You used to tell him he was a criminal for protecting criminals. Here's a chance to set things straight. Take the stink off the family name —"

"He's still our father. No matter what he's done. You go after him, you're never going to forgive yourself. Ever." Nathan considers it for a beat. He grabs Peter and kisses his head. Heidi returns. "Come on, handsome." She hands her cup to Peter and holds her hand out to Nathan.  "Hey, there." He says to her
"Hold this for me, will you?" He says to Peter  "Yep."
Nathan takes her hand and stands up. "May I?"

Heidi pulls Nathan back through the doors and they start dancing. Peter watches them and smiles and Sage lays her head on his shoulder. When the party was over Sage helped him clean up afterwards. "You didn't have to do this."