||5.||

•||Chapter 5: Why...?||•

|| A N M O L ||

|| A N M O L ||

A hectic month and a half for me which I spent in events and shopping. I squeezed my tired shoulders then looked down at the beautiful red wedding that belonged to my late mother.

I redesigned and gave it a touch of modern trend too. With a smile, I put the dress in a transparent bag then hung it in my wardrobe. My wardrobe was almost empty as all my clothes, makeup and other accessories were packed in the suitcases.

A few more days then I'd been saying goodbye to my bachelorette life and becoming a married woman. I stared at the messages by Mehrun and Laraib, both wanting to throw a small bachelorette party for me which I rejected.

All I wanted was simple and small events. For me two events were already too much after shopping nonstop with my dadu, Amira, my mother-in-law and Ash, Faisal's Phupho. Whereas the decorations and venue was Faizan Bhai's and his parents' headache for Baraat function.

A knock on my door sounded. I opened it and looked at a smiling Amira.

"The war regarding your Baraat venue is finally settled. Take a look at the venue and decorations there. It was minimal yet elegant and aesthetic."

I took the iPad from her hand and took a look at the decorations, feeling relieved. It wasn't easy to have this kind of simple event when my TaiAma wanted to show off the money and tell everyone they treated me like her own daughter.

Good thing dadu was on my side and respected my decision regarding the simplicity.

"Even if the decoration was simple, you can see money everywhere," I chuckled, pointing at the flowers and seating arrangements.

I sat on the couch and handed her iPad back.

"That's my mother-in-law for you. Always get what she wants," She shook her head with a smile then sat beside me.

She handed me iPad again with different pictures. I zoomed the picture and stared at the purple and white hydrangea decoration around the stage.

"This is the reception venue. Your in-laws did a great job, making the decorations according to your aesthetic. Simple but elegant. Faizan and I visited this venue yesterday."

"So, this arrogant miss is really getting. Seriously I thought you could land a better man than this. Ha.. I really made a useless trip just for this average wedding. Then again what can I expect from an orphan's wedding!"

Laraib's, my cousin, arrogant voice sounded in the door. I and Amira turned our heads towards her, who was leaning against my room door, arrogantly staring at her nails, wiggling her long fingers.

"And what kind of comment can I expect from someone who likes to steal something that belongs to others. Isn't it good I'm marrying an average person so I don't have to fear someone will steal him from me," I retorted back with equal arrogance, fully knowing what would happen if he was extraordinary and matched our standards completely.