||24.||

•||Chapter 24: Not a Single Person||

•||Chapter 24: Not a Single Person||•

|| S A B A ||

I stared at Duchess deadpanned while she jumped all around me, knocking all the decorations in my room on the floor. Thankfully it wasn't fragile decorations rather metals once or else we would be injured with her.

"Meow... meow... meow."

She wasn't even respecting the guest we had in our house. How can she be so badtameez in our guest's presence!

"Duchess!" I called her sternly but instead of listening to me, she was showing me her butt.

Maham, Saad's elder sister in law, who was sitting beside me, bursted into fits of small giggles. She visited me today to spend some time and take me somewhere but Duchess ended up throwing tantrums here and there.

"I think she is angry because I didn't bring something for her. Right, Duchess?" She asked Duchess in a soft tone after controlling her giggles.

Duchess showed her butt to Maham in response with a hiss then turned his face to us before jumping on Maham. My heart literally flipped as I watched Duchess almost attack Maham but luckily Maham grabbed her by scruff, stopping her attack.

"Now. Now. Shhh, little girl. I promise next time I will definitely bring a delicious tuna for you and also take you out on a walk. Now calm down and go play with your catnip," Maham spoke softly to Duchess, stroking her head while holding her through the scruff.

Surprisingly Duchess stayed calm after being released and stared at Maham with wide innocent eyes. She meowed softly then went to scratch her scratching house obediently. After making sure of Duchess was not roguing any further, I and Maham cleaned the mess.

"OK. Now, go and get ready. I want to take you to some place. You will love it," Maham turned to me after placing the last decoration piece on the self.

"But where?" I asked her in confusion.

"Farmhouse. Aarav gifted me," She answered bashfully, taking her fiance's name.

I nodded my head with a slightly open mouth as I could picture of her being shy but screaming inwardly when Aarav gifted her. She grabbed my hand then took me to my room and after getting my permission, she searched for my clothes.

"We will have a bonfire, horse riding, barbeque and much more. I have called some friends too... Here. Take this maxi and these pants.. Oh and these boots and this jacket," She handed me a white floral maxi that I never had any occasion to wear.

She matched it with a short jeans jacket and blue pants, pushing me to the washroom. This was a rare sight of her seeing her so excited for me. This outing must matter a lot to her or... might be the gift that Aarav gave her.