||17.||

•||Chapter 17: Thinking too much||

|| S A B A ||

After meeting with Laraib in the remote area, I took the taxi back to Saad's house that I had occupied. Whole way I kept fidgeting anxiously with my hands shivering in fear after witnessing her another side. I couldn't forget how she held the knife in her hand and the dying dog.

She.. she seemed truly a psychopath today.

I kept rubbing my arms anxiously until I reached Saad's house. I paid the fare then made my way to the gate of the house with slightly trembling legs. I froze as I closed the gate and saw a very different Saad standing in front of the entrance door.

He looked very different from his usual looks and dangerous.

Why?

Because his thick muscular arms were folded in front of his chest, his lips were pressed tightly in a straight line, he had a frown on his forehead and most importantly he had no glasses on that made him seem very intimidating and dangerous. His brown eyes were visible without glasses with a small touch of cold and intensity.

I swallowed my saliva difficulty as he made his way towards me then stopped in front of me.

"Don't meet her again," He told me with a warning in his voice that sounded dangerous.

My heart trembled and my eyes widened in fear of him knowing.

"How.."

Suddenly her words echoed in my ears.

"You have someone to protect you now so why are you so scared?"

"My enmity isn't with you. You were just a small piece of chess. Now discarded or.. maybe not."

"Breath, Saba."

I tried to breath and raised my eyes at him as he looked at me in concern with his both hands on my arms. I pushed his hands away and rushed inside the house to my room.

"What happened, Saba?"

"Saba?"

I ignored him as I picked my half packed suitcase and put it on the bed. I opened the closet and took out my clothes that I put in.

"Saba?"

How could I ignore the way he had been looking at me? How he had feelings for me? How he had been trying to get closer to me?

"Saba, talk to me please."

He tried to step in front of me but I walked past him and was about to dump my clothes in the suitcase when Duchess jumped in it.

"Meow."

She looked at me with her doe like eyes innocently with tears in them. My heart melted instantly seeing her like this and quickly threw my clothes aside as she jumped into my arms, cuddling to my chest.