||22.||

•||Chapter 22: Pretense||•

|| S A B A ||

As I entered the guest house where Saad's family was staying, so many curious eyes fell on me while they were rushing here and there with their chores.

"Ah! Saba!... Woah! You look beautiful."

I turned towards the source of compliment and found Zayd, Saad's younger brother. Behind him were three men with decorated baskets in their hands, greeting me with smiles.

"They are our cousins. Everyone, she is Saba," Zayd introduced me to them and soon more of his cousins and family members joined to introduce themselves.

Seeing me getting surrounded with so many people and trying to learn their names and answer their questions, Zayd came to my rescue quickly thankfully.

"Guys! You can all get to know her later. Right now we need to get ready soon for my elder brother's engagement," He saved me from the sea of his family, making them disperse soon.

"Saad is staying upstairs, last room on the right side," He whispered in a quiet voice then excused himself quickly.

I followed the direction he told me and knocked on the door gently then entered after getting permission. I froze on the spot when I entered and stared at his bare muscular back facing me.

"Ah! Come here quickly, idiot Zayd! Help me with this shirt," He said in frustration then turned back with the shirt in his hand.

He looked at me blankly while I let my eyes roam on his bulging muscles that were making my fingers twitch to trace them.

"You look so... gorgeous," He whispered awestruck, making me snap my eyes up at him with my cheeks heated up slightly.

"Thank you," I whispered a little unsteadily, smoothing my green color fancy dress that he gifted me yesterday when dropping at another hotel.

I tried not to look down at his chest as the warm silence and tension bloomed in the room. I knew he was handsome but to see his handsomeness without any barrier was really another kind of treat. There were only faint sounds of outside commotion and the tension thickened in the room, between us.

"Let me help you."

I couldn't find any other way to break the tension and silence so I took the shirt from his hand, but instead it did the opposite of dissipating the tension. As I was helping him wearing his shirt, the distance between us faded.

The simple act of carefully helping him became an intimate moment and it was as though time was slowed down. Our eyes met as I buttoned the shirt making the air changed with unspoken feelings around us.

After buttoning the last one, I stepped back quickly to increase the distance between us. He cleared his throat and also stepped back then wore his arm sling on his fractured arm. But listening to his wince while adjusting, I took a step towards him quickly and helped him adjust the sling carefully.