||19.||

•||Chapter 19: Storm||•

|| S A B A ||

I looked around the small apartment arranged by the company and fell into deep thoughts. The small encounter with Anmol at Faisal's office was enough to tell me that she was still in the dark about me. If she knew about our past, she would never suggest me to live in one of her houses.

Was it justified to not to let her know? Let her live in the dark and in love with that selfish man? I might be the past now but I was once an important event of his life. Wouldn't it hurt her feelings too much if someone else ever told her about us.

I took a sharp breath as my heart got heavied with emotions. My mind wanted to dig those days spent with him and resurfaced the hurt emotions again. Fortunately, just as I was slipping in the past memories, my phone made a sound.

I picked my phone and saw a video message sent by Saad. I clicked on it and watched the video, with a small smile stretching on my lips.

"Duchess. Give a smile to your mother."

Duchess was lying on the bed unmovingly that I had occupied in Saad's house. She wasn't responding to him and kept her head in her paws depressively.

"Don't you want to say hi to your mommy, Duchess. What if she'll be sad to know you're not eating properly or doing any activity? Huh? Give your meow to her and she'll call. I promise," Saad's voice came as his hand showed in the video patting her head.

Duchess moved her head up a little with sad eyes and gave a small meow that melted my heart. With this small meow, she went back to her unmoving state, her head between her paws on the bed.

"Now mommy you have to make a call for your baby."

I quickly touched the video call button and cleared my throat as the phone rang. Soon Duchess was shown on the screen in the same pose.

"Duchess."

I called her softly, making her lift her head quickly and attack the phone with purring. I laughed as I watched her licking and rubbing the phone.

I talked to her for half an hour and felt a lot better. All those emotions suddenly calmed down.

• • •

I looked at the pictures of the construction site that was done beautifully and thought of Anmol again. Majority of it was her designs and her husband didn't even know about it. Wasn't it ironic? The executive designer they tackled with so much effort and had her give them their last work, was the wife of their selfish boss.

"What are you thinking about so deeply and lost?"

I was jerked out of those thoughts as the coffee cup was placed in front of me, following Saad's deep voice.