||10.||

(A/N: There are two Laraib in this chapter too. One is Anmol's friend and the other is her cousin.)

•||Chapter 10: Blood & Tears||•

|| A N M O L ||

I looked straight ahead with a stone face while thinking of how to kick this girl out of the car. I could feel Faisal's constant glances at me but I didn't want to create a drama so I kept quiet, tolerating her presence silently. I still hadn't forgiven her for the discomfort she gave to dadu.

"Dear brother-in-law, let's play a game!"

I inhaled sharply and silently, clenching the dupatta on my lap. I side-glanced at the rear mirror and saw a devil-like smile on her angelic and seductive face.

"Why don't you play with your cousin?" Instead of answering her, Faisal pushed the question towards me with a smile.

I turned my face towards him and gave him a blank look. Here I was just trying to tolerate her but he was constantly throwing me under the truck.

"Ah! I would.. but she's no fun. I have always wanted to ask you how in the hell are you living with this boring girl?" Laraib turned the question back to me.

"She isn't boring," Faisal's response came instantly.

It would be a lie if I say his response didn't move my heart. But I kept my face blank, wanting to see where she would take her stupid act.

Her carefree laugh echoed in the car. Every part of her body was giving seductive vibes, trying to attract everyone regardless of gender.

"I think this is enough, Laraib," I told her sternly, glaring at her.

But her carefree laugh didn't stop. It wasn't until her tears dropped from the corner of her eyes that she forced herself to stop laughing.

"Why are you looking so scared, dear cousin, like I will snatch your husband from you?" She leaned between us and pulled my cheeks.

"Laraib." I gave her a warning look.

"Oh please. If anything then it will be your husband who has no little control on himself. But brother-in-law is not a person like that, right brother-in-law... or are you really?" She turned to Faisal and asked him softly and slowly.

Her bluntness took my breath and words away but before I did anything to her, the car stopped and she got out of the car happily.

"We have reached. Don't worry I have my own invitation," She waved her envelope and strode towards the entrance.

I took a deep breath and turned to Faisal, wanting to tell him not to take her words to heart, but his eyes were lost looking somewhere. I followed his eyes but only found a small crowd entering the venue.