||21.||

•||Chapter 21: Space & Time||•

|| S A B A ||

After the building collapsed

I opened my eyes slowly and tried to move but ended up with a painful groan. My body was in so much pain that I couldn't move my hand either. Suddenly, I remembered Saad and how he saved me before the building collapsed.

"Easy there. Lay down back," Two hands gently stopped me from moving and pushed my shoulders back to lay.

"Saad...?"

I looked towards the source and saw a man younger than Saad but had almost the same face as him. He sighed and stepped aside, letting me look behind him. There he was, Saad lying on the hospital bed with his eyes closed and head, arms and legs wrapped in bandages.

"He...," I tried to speak but choked on my words as I took in his miserable condition.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I blamed myself for his condition. His condition looked so serious with these bandages and only his heartbeat's sounds coming from the machine.

"Nothing serious happened to him. Doctor said he will wake up soon. And this isn't the first time, he has so many bandages on him," The almost identical younger Saad told me with a nonchalant shrug.

Then he rang a bell and a doctor entered the room a few minutes later. Doctor checked on me then turned to him.

"She's good but needs to rest until her wounds don't heal," Doctor told him then left the room after telling him more precautions.

"I am Zayd. His younger brother," He introduced himself and sat on the chair beside my bed.

"Saba," I told him my name and glanced at Saad behind him, remembering how he told me about his whole family once.

"His girlfriend. We all know," He said with a smirk then leaned near me and whispered, "Do you know he is the laziest brother among who does nothing but waste time here and there. And when he began to work as a research assistant, everyone was shocked by his change. But soon we knew it was because of you."

Saad's brother, Zayd got my whole attention as he was exposing all about Saad one by one with a mischievous smirk and glistening eyes.

"And the flower incident. My poor brother. You threw all his flower bouquets in the dustbin or handed them over to others. Poor Saad, even suspicious of sending bombs in company too," He laughed while informing me.

I stared at him in shock then turned my eyes to Saad with my mouth gapped.

"Love at first sight. According to him," Zayd nodded at Saad.

I wanted to ask questions from him but the door opened, interrupting our conversation. An old lady with a cold face that held no expressions entered the room with a man following behind her, with same expressions as her and had some of Saad's face features.