Chapter 10

Woah woah woah what's this ?  An update ? From me ??
Jokes aside this story is suddenly getting read by people and that is something unexpected so thank you to all of you for reading, voting or even commenting <3
Anyways I'll let you read in peace
Hope you enjoy !

Previously in chapter 9 :
"Of course darling ! We simply cannot ignore each-other for eternity ! " he responded, his grin widening as a low chuckle leaved his lips.

"Surely that was not what you were doing, right Y/n ? "
He added, a dangerous tone in his last two words.

"Right..." you replied with a small awkward laugh. Not at all...
"Uh...Could you let me go now ?" you asked, since he was still crushing you against his side (again).

"Hmmmm... " he hummed, rubbing his index finger on his chin like he was deep in thought, something you saw him doing quite often.
"I don't know ! Why would I ?" he exclaimed, seemingly proud of himself.

"Because, it's not a very comfortable way to get to know each-other."

"If you say so, I will grant your wish, darling." he smugly responded, a wide smirk on his face.
He then removed his arm from around your shoulder, allowing you to move aside.

Finally. Gosh, does this guy know what personal space is ?

You rubbed your poor shoulder with your other arm, before turning your head to him.

"So ? What is it that you want to know ?" you asked, trying to hide your absence of enthusiasm.

"Let's see... Who are you exactly ? Oh, and you never cared to tell me the purpose of your presence here." he began, resting both his elbows on the top of his cane and leaning forward.

"I am an Archangel sent by God to protect the hotel and its inhabitants."

"Oh, but I know all that already. " he said with a widening grin.
"That's not what I was asking for, dear."

"Then I have nothing to tell you. This is my only purpose as for now." you bluntly replied.

"What a shame... I was hoping to discover at least one of your secrets like this. Looks like I'll have to try harder than that !" he laughed.
"What about your identity then ? Aren't you going to introduce yourself properly ?"

"I do not see what you mean by that. My name is Y/n and I'm an Archangel of God."

"Would you at least tell me your last name then ?"

"Heaven-born angels don't have a last name. And if I recall correctly, you didn't give me yours either. " you answered back.

"Ha ! Fair enough !" he chuckled, twirling his microphone in his hand before making it disappear in a cloud of smoke.
"Well, if that's the only thing you're willing to tell me, I guess that can't be helped." he said, voice laced with fake disappointment.
He began walking past you, but slowed down at your level with a smirk.
"Until next time then, darling..."
And he swiflty plucked a feather out of one of your wings that you didn't bother confining in your back as it was uncomfortable, and walked away like he did nothing.

You hissed in pain, your eyes beginning to glow in pure anger as you turned around and-

Gone.
He was gone.

That freaking bastard.
How dare he.

You didn't care about extermination time being over, you were going to skin him alive next time he even dared appearing in front of you.

Fuming, you stomped your way back to your room. You were lucky these feathers could grow back quickly, otherwise you probably would have destroyed the whole hotel just hunting down this radio freak.

Your wings were probably your most precious possession (if you can call them that).
It reminded you of where you came from. It reminded you of who created you, of your unconditional love for Him. So the idea of Alastor stealing even one feather, one small part of what linked you to your home from you was insufferable. He had no right taking this from you.

Sighing, you plopped down on your large bed, laying down and letting yourself sink into the mattress, your thoughts full of the need of revenge.

Alastor's P.O.V :

I can sense her anger even through our two room doors.
It seems practically radiating from her body.
It would be a lie to say it didn't bother me at all. It did give me goosebumps in the beginning, but now I was getting used to her menacing aura.

However, looking at the small white feather I was mindlessy twirling between my fingers, I couldn't help thinking it was totally worth it.
I didn't really know why I did that, I just acted on impulse.

I lifted it up so I could have a better look a it.
It was... entrancing. Its seemed to catch the small rays of light, giving the illusion it was softly glowing. But the most bizarre thing of all what the feeling of the peace of mind it brought me. It's like the voices grew quieter when I was holding it.
It also looked really soft.

An idea popped in my head.
I pulled up one of my sleeve and gently ran the feather along my bare skin.
The brief contact sent little shivers through my body.
It was really soft.

I decided to keep it.
Just in case.

I put it on one of my shelves, under a small glass dome. Wouldn't want it to get dusty.
Surprisingly, even far from any light, it still seemed to glow softly in the darkness.
It really was mesmerizing up close, even more than when I saw the multiple feathers on her wings from afar.
Come to think about it, she did seem to be lightly glowing at all times, but I just thought it to be an illusion, a trick of my mind.

Was it annoying ? Yes.
Was it gorgeous ? Yes, most definitively.

The menacing waves of anger emaning from the other side of the corridor were getting weaker. Maybe she fell asleep.
Oh well, I just had to hope her rage would have calmed down tomorrow, or else I'd have to hide from her for a bit. I might be considered as one of the most, if not the most powerful overlord, getting caught in the wrath of an Archangel really wasn't in my plans.