Balancing Act

Cragger was breathing heavily as the two enemies zoomed through the forest. He was blinded by rage, which didn't affect his driving skills as he knew the path through this forest by memory. Usually when he drove through here he was filled with happiness. But that was before the accident with his parents. Before the peace treaty.

Quickly passing the forest, they arrived at a place that looked a lot more like the crocodile swamps. The hideout itself was mostly abandoned after the peace treaty, as a giant Chi pool sounded a lot more appealing to the crocodiles. Too bad they didn't know they were going to have to expand the pool themselves.

However, the road Laval took made Cragger finally realize where he was heading, as Laval took the road to the Gorge of Eternal Depth.

The two anthropomorphic animals continued driving in silence until Laval reached the edge of the Gorge.

"You will never steal our Chi!" Laval finally broke the silence.

Cragger frowned and turned on his spear, however, he suddenly heard similar noises to Laval when he arrived in front of the city, although this time they were numerous and much louder. From behind the cliffs near the gorge arrived three lion tanks and many lion and eagle soldiers. Thankfully, he noticed neither wolves nor Ravens, as well as any other tribe. Bringing more vehicles to stop one animal would likely just be a waste of Chi. Maybe that bag was all they had anyway. Out of the crowd of soldiers stepped Lagravis and Longtooth.

"We've got you surrounded, Cragger. Give us back the  city or you're going to be the one getting... thrown down the gorge." Lagravis said while slowly getting closer to Cragger and Laval.

Cragger panicked. He couldn't just lose like this. All the soldiers getting closer stressed him out even more, and he jumped at Laval. Laval was startled, not expecting Cragger to attack him. He quickly fell to the ground and dropped the Chi, which scattered all over the ground. Cragger quickly got up and kicked Laval in the face, then took one of the Chi and used it on himself. Dust flew all over the soldiers who stopped running towards him, while they were distracted, he picked up the other three Chi and threw them into the Gorge.

All of the soldiers stopped, only Laval got up a bit to witness what everyone was staring at. They all watched as the last of their Chi disappeared into the void.

"Now imagine what it was like to see your parents like that!" Cragger said, even though everyone ignored him at that point. Using his enhanced speed he quickly got onto the speedor and got out of there through a gap that formed due to the soldiers on the edge looking down into the pit. Some of the soldiers tried to stop him, of course. But most were just shocked. It was just four Chi, but, that was seemingly all they had. And now it's gone.

It was already night when Laval, Lagravis, Longtooth and the eagles returned to the Raven Town. The rest of the leaders eagerly awaited their return for hours, but as soon as they saw their faces they knew what happened, especially Worriz. Instead of hopeless and disappointed like the others, Worriz and the wolves were angry. But not at the lions.

The next day Crooler finally moved to the temple. She arrived to the throne room to congratulate Cragger on their victory and give him a new dose of the plant.

"Wow brother I cannot believe that we managed to win the lion city and all the Chi in Chima with just some of my help! As a reward I will let you sniff this cool flower!" Crooler said as she lifted the plant to Cragger's face.

"I don't want your stupid plant! Besides, in this victory there was no we, only me! Guards, throw her into the Gorge of Eternal Depth! Ha!" Cragger said as he slapped the plant out of Crooler's hand.