The Black Cloud

The eagles were, just as the crocodile king imagined they would, looking through the ash to find books that may have survived the fire and haven't been stolen by the ravens, which were most of them. Among all the books the eagles had in the library, only about a handful could be read in their entirety, with about a quarter only missing the first or last few pages. There was only one book that survived the fire unscathed. Lagravis was holding a meeting in another room with the leaders of the gorilla, eagle and wolf tribes and his son Laval. Eris showed up as the leader of the eagle tribe to let the rest clean the library.

"We managed to fight off the crocodiles but we are still standing on a structure that could collapse if left alone. We now have a big portion of Cragger's Chi, but we definitively cannot attack with the Eagle Spire in this condition. However, the same cannot be said for Cragger. In a few days his Chi supply should be comparable to what he brought today, and if he attacks the Spire again in this state he will most likely succeed in destroying it forever."

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Gorzan asked.

"Good question. There are still animals and places in Chima that haven't agreed to defend us. You will all split up into teams and try to convince every animal in Chima to defend the Spire and eventually take back Lion City. Three... Two... One... FOR CHIMA!" Lagravis said. The last two words were said by everyone as they all left the Spire.

Laval woke up Bladvic by whispering in his ear.

"Hey Bladvic, what in the world were you guys doing while everything was going on!? Cragger occupied Lion City!!" Laval yelled at Bladvic.

"Huh? Oh, we heard that there were no more monthly speedor races so we didn't really have a reason to wake up" Bladvic replied while streching.

"Well, you have a reason to wake up now. The crocodiles could attack at any second and we need your help-"

Suddenly, Laval was interrupted by a loud lion roar, so he and Eris quickly went back to their fully charged Interceptor. Once they got back to the Spire, they saw the Defender tribes battle ready. Eris landed the Interceptor near Lagravis' lion tank.

"Hop on, Laval! We're going to war!" Lagravis said as Laval jumped into the tank.

"Some of our spies have been telling us about a masked animal on a speedor that somehow stole the crocodiles' last Chi. They're now chasing him with their entire army and we're ready to meet them!

The Defenders first spotted the mysterious speedor driver near the Gorge of Eternal Depth. Their vehicles stopped and they watched the masked animal throw the Chi into the Gorge, just like Cragger did to them some time ago, and then escape, but towards the crocodiles. The army soon continued moving. Seeing this, Laval realized he couldn't keep up with a tank so he hopped onto a speedor and told the lion driving it he can have the tank. Driving through the forest to avoid the crocodile army, it didn't take long for Laval to catch up with the mysterious animal as he was doing the same. Eventually they managed to reach Lion City when the animal disappeared back into the forest. This wasn't known by the Defenders. however, as they drove straight into the plains the forest surrounded and met the crocodile and rhino army face to face, just like Cragger feared they would. The entire army was disappointed with Cragger.

"Surrender the city Cragger or we are using force!" Lagravis shouted as he readied his cannons.

"You are never getting the city back!" Cragger shouted back. He was scared.

The defender army was weaker than it usually was. A lot of eagles and gorillas were busy repairing the Spire, just like Cragger imagined they would, with the only airship in the entire battle being Eris' Interceptor, and Gorilla strikers being absent from the battle. The wolves brought one Pack Tracker as they were still angry about the lions losing their Chi. The lion made up the overwhelming majority of the army with the same three lion tanks that lost that Chi, many foot soldiers and a couple of speedorz.