37. 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿, 𝗸𝗶𝗱

"LET ME OUT!"

     "I'm doing you a favor, Eszter," Agatha ignores the loud pounding of Eszter's fists hitting the metal doors. "I'm taking away the pressure, allowing you to free yourself of this burden. It was never supposed to be yours. Let this be a lesson: you can't trust anyone around you."

     Eszter kept punching the door as if it was going to open magically. She let out a frustrated cry as she pulled away, looking around the room while searching for something, anything that could help her. Eszter's breathing intensified with anxiety as she spun in circles, coming to dead ends with each scan of the small room; there was nothing here. She was deeply and utterly screwed.

     "I appreciate your cooperation, and thank you for bringing me exactly what I wanted," Agatha smirked behind the door.

     "You're crazy if you think you're getting away with this!" Eszter shouted from the other side, glaring at the door. "Once I get out of here, you're gonna wish you didn't screw with me."

     Agatha chuckles with triumph on her side. "That's cute," she begins to walk away. "Don't stress yourself, hon. It's inevitable. Ciao!"

     "Agatha!" Eszter smacked the door with a balled fist but to no avail. If Agatha was still in the room, the woman ignored Eszter's shouts. She hit the door again. "Agatha!"

     Eszter grunted in frustration, slamming her hands against the cold door when Agatha left her alone. She was stuck here for God knows how long, and Eszter didn't know what to do anymore. God, Eszter feels so stupid, but now wasn't the right time to throw herself through the mud because of her emotions. Eszter silently scolded herself for falling for Agatha's trap--first, it was Wesley, then it was Agatha. Can this get any worse?

     The witch turned away from the door and inspected her surroundings, wishing there was a small opening she could slip through. Eszter hoped that Agatha might've missed something in her confinement, but it was crushed when Eszter attempted to conjure her magic. She willed it to her command, gritting her teeth angrily when nothing happened. What the hell!

     "Goddammit!" Eszter screams into the four-wall room.

     There was nothing in the room that Eszter could use to jam the door open, nor was there a single window that she could crawl out from. Her prison was closed-off and sealed with the effort of keeping people inside. Eszter wrung her hands as her gaze locked onto the heavy door in front of her, doubt rushing through her mind but determination knocking it down. What Eszter was about to do was a stupid idea--like, so stupid, Eszter will probably regret it after she does it, but what was she supposed to do? Eszter can't stay in this room as Agatha slowly kills her; she needs to get out of here.

     Wanda has no idea what kind of person Agatha is. Wanda doesn't know what Agatha plans to do, nor does she realize the woman's abilities. Their banter was instantly erased from her mind, and all Eszter could focus on was protecting her sister. As pissed off as Eszter is, Wanda's still her sister and the only living blood she has left.

      "Okay, Eszter," she mumbles quietly to herself, drawing up the adrenaline. "You got this. It's a big door, but you gotta get out of here." Eszter eyed the door a little hesitantly, but there wasn't any other option. "Don't think about it; just go. Just go for it. You got this."

     With one more encouragement to herself, Eszter lets out a puff of air before tensing her body and charging ahead. Eszter sucked in a deep breath as she curled her body closer for a direct hit, picking up speed. She shut her eyes just before she reached the door. But just as she expected, the door didn't budge. It didn't even move.