Chapter 1 Aftermath

Starscream POV

Eight months... that's how long it has been since Enigma's death and so far, no one has stopped grieving. During the day, we would work hard, not even take a break for our daily Energon. During the night, it is filled with our cries and regret for not trying hard enough to save Enigma.

Enigma, one of the kindest and most hardworking beings I have ever met in all of my years of living. She always knew what to say to calm down a fight, how to talk to us about our pasts, and someone... who didn't see us as monsters.

"Commander." I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone called me. I turned around and saw Steve behind me. Both he and I have talked a lot and shown me that all the Vehicons aren't just mindless drones, but actually alive and can feel.

"Oh Steve, forgive me I was in deep thought. What is it you were saying?" I asked and Steve was showing me a data pad of the recent mine we had been collecting. When I looked at it, I was pleased that we were mining at a rapid rate, but not that the Vehicons and other Decepticons weren't at high efficiency.

I nodded and he left, while I went to give my report to Megatron. Out of all of us, besides me, Thundercracker, and Skywarp, Megatron took Enigma's death the hardest. He promised vengeance for Enigma's death and took back his deal with Prime, making the war start up again.

However, Prime tried to contact us, regarding why we took back our deal, but that made us fight even harder. The fact that he would forget Enigma... it was unforgivable! That one comment made us go out and fight them with every fiber of our being. We found one of their mining sites and blew it sky high, along with giving some of them some injuries as well.

As I walked through the halls, they were peaceful and no one was in sight. I found that odd since during this time of the day is when we are busiest. Then I remembered that some of our troops like to go and talk to Enigma's grave. I was also one of these, but I haven't gone in a while since I have been busy, along with TC and Warp.

When I opened the doors to the mainbridge, it was just as quiet as well, with the addition of Soundwave, with all his symbiotes next to him, decoding the Iacon database. I saw Megatron, looking over the mining site that was going on below us, and he seemed to be in deep thought. I walked up to him and bowed, saying "My liege."

He turned around and when he looked at me, he seemed to be tired, both physically and mentally. "Ah, Starscream, what has been going on at the mine?" I handed him the data pad and my notes on every matter.

He quickly skimmed through it and turned back to look at the mine, which was being monitored by Thundercracker and Skywarp. I stood behind him and was waiting for his input of the data gathered, but he just stared back down at everyone who was working. I was about to speak up, but he spoke first.

"You suggest that I make them take mandatory breaks?" He said and I nodded at him. "Yes, if we are attacked by the Autobots or their allies, then we have to make sure we are prepared and fighting at our highest efficiency."

He didn't say anything else, but neither did I as we looked through the ship, down below. It was quiet, something that I was used to after all these months, neither of us talking about anything, just staying in the silence. Until we received an alarm that a groundbridge was opening.

I quickly left the mainbridge and got to the flight deck where I transformed and quickly got near my trine, ready to protect them. I saw the Autobots charge out of the portal, but something was different from the way they came out.

They had no blasters out, or other weapons, the human children were with them as well and not finding cover, and most importantly... Prime's mask wasn't on. No matter though, I still aimed my missiles at them, same with everyone else at the mine, all furious and ready for a fight.