Chapter 11 The Oath

It was early in the morning and due to Wheeljack's prank last night, everyone decided to sleep in and go see Silas later in the day. While they were all tired, I decided to go for a flight in the morning in my predacon form. After last night's nightmares, I couldn't shake the feeling of what Starscream said about that strange being I saw.

'Could it be possible that someone was sending me a message?' I thought as I flew through the morning sky, the wind hitting my faceplate, and the warmth of the sun making my entire metal body warmer. For a while, I just flew, trying to adjust to my new life, but for some reason... I couldn't.

I decided to land on one of the mountain tops in the desert to try and clear my processor, but I couldn't. After finding out that I have been gone for a year, my human body was completely destroyed, and almost destroyed my family... I was struggling. Even if everyone was trying to help me adjust and make me feel comfortable, my mind couldn't accept the changes to me. I was frustrated, angry, and... unhappy that I made everyone feel this way, made them so angry at the wrong beings and suffered for so long!

I got so angry that I roared loudly at the sky, venting out all of my emotions, spreading my wings out, and breathing ice in the sky. I also found out that I could breathe fire, but I didn't care what I did, I just needed to let out some things I was holding in.

When I finished, I sat down and let a few tears fall on the ground.

I quietly cried for a few moments before stopping myself and I said, "No, I need to stop this. This is my life now and I can either adapt or be unhappy for the rest of my life."

I got up and continued to walk, one ped at a time.

"I have been beaten as a human and survived, fought against Cybertronians and survived, and I will survive as a Cybertronian."

I started to run forward, not caring about where I was going, but still talking to myself.

"My name... is Enigma, sister of Megatron and Optimus Prime, mate of Elite Trine. I brought peace to all Cybertronians and ended the war that has spanned over millennia."

I spread my wings and started to take to the sky now, flying through the air, but close to the ground.

"My life hasn't been easy, and I have struggled, but I have survived and will survive until my spark gives out."

Flying even faster than I ever thought I could, even as a human. "On this day I make my own oath: To protect the Cybertronians, and all life on this world... even if it costs me my life."

I landed, with my claws gripping the ground as I finally said, "That... is my oath."

I smiled at all I had said, very pleased and filled with a new purpose in mind now.

"That was very moving, my child."

I was shocked at the male voice speaking and turned around but saw nothing. I was confused and said, "Hello? Who is there?"

I continued to look around and that is when I saw it... the same blue light that guided me to all the stassis locked Cybertronians.

"It is only me."

The glowing blue light said, and I changed into my Cybertronian form, gently picking it up.

"You didn't answer my first question though, who are you?"

I said calmly and gently, as to not spook whoever I was talking to, but the glowing light floated out of my servo, saying, "I am called by many names, but for you, I will be your guide in your journey."

"Guide, to where?"

I asked, still confused as to what was going on, but the glowing light said, "Patience, my child. For now, you must follow me as I lead you to them."

"Them? Who are 'them?'"

The glow didn't answer and started flying away.

"Hey, wait!"

I quickly transformed into my predacon form and flew after the glowing light. The glowing light was quick, and I was having a hard time seeing it, but I was still able to follow after it. I don't know how long I flew after the glowing light, but the glowing light started to fly down, and I followed it. The glowing light led me to another mountain, but this one was even bigger than the one before.

I tilted my helm and looked at the glowing light, and said, "Why bring me here? There is nothing here."

The glowing light said, "Like before, I led you to an unknown place to rescue Cybertronians that were locked away. Now, you are ready to free the others."

The glowing light went through the mountain, and I moved closer to it, revealing a secret passageway that was big enough for me to fit in. I slowly made my way into the mountain, following the glowing light. As I made my way in, I made sure not to bang on the walls or the upper cave, in case I got trapped and couldn't contact help.

"Guide, what did you mean that I was 'ready?' Why couldn't I help these Cybertronians before?"

The glowing light stopped moving, as if thinking of how to respond.

"My child, know that what I meant was that your human form could not survive what awaits at the end of this room. Not even your armor could help you survive, or your allies could help."

I was still confused and said, "So why can I go now? If none of my allies could go in here, then why can I?"

The glowing light chuckled a bit, saying, "Because of your words."

"My... words?"

I asked, still confused as the glowing light said, "Yes, with what you just announced and with how selfless you are, by Primus' decree, he names you as Protector of all Cybertronians."

I stared up at him, in shock at his words and at the new title I was given, but he then said, "However, you must keep this information a secret from now on, even from Optimus and Megatron."

I was confused and said, "Forgive me for my bluntness, but why must I keep this a secret?"

The glowing light said, "I am not all too sure, but Primus gave me these instructions to tell you."

I nodded and said, "I understand, and if this is Primus' will then it shall be done."

The glowing light nodded, and we kept moving through, that is when I saw it. A giant pool of raw dark energon, that covered the entire floor.

"Now I know why no other Cybertronian could come here, but wouldn't Megatron still be able to?" I asked the glowing light.

You see, Megatron doesn't drink dark energon anymore since I talked him out of it a while ago, but some still lingers within his spark.

"If Megatron was still drinking the dark energon, then yes he could, but with him not drinking it anymore, he would succumb to it."

"So how can I withstand dark energon then?"

The glowing light stayed silent for a bit, but then said, "Your body doesn't consist of as much energon since you're still new at being online and haven't had any energon today. You should be able to fly over it, without feeling Unicron try to control you."

I was still hesitant, but decided to trust the glowing light and took some steps back, taking a deep breath, and running as fast as I could be due to the size of the cave, and taking a huge leap over the dark energon. I was afraid that I wouldn't make it, but I felt like someone was giving me a big push and, in the end, I made it to the other side, just barely.

I sighed in relief and looked at the glowing light, saying, "Shall we go on? There are other Cybertronians that are in need of help."

I couldn't tell what the glowing light was thinking, but I assumed he was amazed by my willingness to continue on.

"Very well, let us continue."

We both ventured deeper and deeper into the mountain, to help more Cybertronians out. 

Transformers Prime: The Decepticon Human's ReturnOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara