CHAPTER-5

***

SIDDARTHA'S ROOM

Siddhartha was sitting in his room..his mind was elsewhere but..his heart was restless, don't know why..slowly his heart was beating louder and louder. Just then Avni comes to his room..She had a plate full of food in her hands..She just took a step inside the room.. But the sound of her ghungroo was enough to bring Siddharth out of his world and turn towards the door of the room..  His heart was saying that he knew her.. but how.. Avni was in her ghunghat because of which he could not see her face.. There was no emotion in his eyes..he was standing turning towards her..on the other hand, Avni had closed her eyes tightly. Her heart was also beating very fast..she wanted to silence her heart..but she was not able to do so. She is about to put the next step when siddartha interrupt..

Siddaratha:(orderly) hume bhookh nahi h.. bhojan ko vapas lekar chali jaao..

(I am not hungry.. Take the food back.)

he said that to her without any emotion. but Avni ignores his words and puts another step there...Siddharth gets very angry seeing this.. Never before has anyone disobeyed his orders except one. Avni interrupts before he gets lost in any of his memory.

Avni: mhare ko aapko bhojan deno ko aadesh diya gya tha.. or ek daasi hetu mhara kartavya aadesho ka paalan karna h isliye mai aapse aapke aadesh ka ullaghan karne ke liye maafi n maag saku hu..

(I was ordered to give you food. And for a maid, it is my duty to follow the orders so I cannot apologize to you for disrespecting your orders..)

She politely said these lines to him but He gets angry considering it his insult..

Siddarth:(angrily) tumhe apni naukari pyaari h to humare aadesho ka paalan karo..

(You love your job, so follow my orders..)

Avni:(ignoring his words) Yuvraj sa .. aapke liye rajmata sa ke kahne par mai bhojan laai or aap se vinti karu ki aap kha liyo...

(Yuvraj sa.. I brought food for you on the request of Rajmata sa and request you to eat it...)

Siddharth doesn't know how to handle his anger now. Till date no one had ignored his orders except one. , Avni was about to put the food on the nearby table when Siddharth angrily throws the plate from her hand. , Meanwhile, the hot dal falls on Avni's hand. , Avni closes her eyes tightly due to pain. , But a word does not come out of her mouth. , Just one tear falls from her eyes, which is telling her heart that this person keeps on giving her pain sometimes knowingly and sometimes unknowingly.

Siddartha:(angrily shouted) daasi ho to daasi bani raho.. or humare aadesho ka paalan karo, samjhi.. varna hume ek pal bhi nahi lagega tumhe mahal se bahar phekwane me..

(If you are a maid, then remain a maid.. and follow my orders, understood.. otherwise, I will not take even a moment to throw you out of the palace..)

Avni:(immediately joined both hands)maaf kijo yuvraaj sa .. mhara aapke ahankaar ko thesh pahuchana ka tanik bhi kosis n thi.. vachan mhare beshak karve lage honge aapko par sach h ..mai aapki daasi nahi hu..

(Sorry Yuvraj Sa.. I didn't even try to hurt your ego.. Of course, my words may seem harsh to you, but they are true. , I am not your maid)