Aincrad Pt. 1: The World of Swords

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I immediately went for the Nervegear. Once I slipped the SAO cartridge into the slot, I grabbed the headgear and put it on.

"Link Start" I called out

I was enveloped by the familiar rainbow tunnel before I materialized in front of the teleporter in the center of the first town, the Town of Beginnings. I opened my menu and looked at my avatar.

 I opened my menu and looked at my avatar

(A/n: Ignore the katana. Just imagine the regular claymore from DS3 on his back.)

Once I was certain that everything was the same, I broke into a run and started toward the exit when I heard someone call out to me.

???: Hey, wait a minute!!!

I stopped and turned around to see a player with long hair that was tied up by a bandana.

"Yes?" I asked

???: You look like you know your way around. You were a beta tester, weren't you?

"Yeah," I said

???: That's great. So can you help me out? I don't have a clue how this game works and I was wondering if you could show me some of the basics.

"Sure, I guess. I was heading out to farm some levels anyway" I said

???: Cool, thanks for the help.

"No problem. I'll send you a party invite" I said

I opened the menu and sent him an invite. He accepted and I saw a smaller green bar appear under mine with the name Klein next to it.

"Klein? Can't say I've heard that name before" I said

Klein: Haha, yeah everyone says that. So where do you recommend we start?

"The first area outside of town, which is good for grinding until level 5. After that, the best places would be the fields around Tolbana and the Floor Labyrinth" I said

Klein: Okay. Let's go then.

We started walking and were near the exit of town when I spotted someone I recognized from the beta test.