Aincrad Pt. 7: Oceiros the Consumed King

After fighting through hordes of Lothric Knights, mages, and Thralls, I finally reached the next area I was going, the garden of Oceiros, former king of Lothric. Before jumping down the chasm, I had just dispatched a giant knight wielding a greatshield and a mace.

The knights were always my least favorite part of the Souls games. I never could understand why such strong enemies were put in the beginning areas of the game. Of course, they were as easy as all hell now that I knew how to counter them, but my noob self lost thousands upon thousands of souls to them the first time.

The Lothric Knights encountered after the Dancer fight were able to buff their weapons which made them that much more of an annoyance. Add to that the shriveled mages that could cast healing spells, and you had a recipe for a dish of rage.

Anyhow, I had jumped down the elevator chasm into the lake of the poison variant, toxic. It was essentially an early version of scarlet rot, albeit on a less lethal scale. I made sure to pack extra purple blossoms to counteract the effects of the sludge, so I was more than prepared on that front. The only real problem here would be the Pus of Man enemies patrolling the area.

Just from a viewpoint atop the elevator tower, I was able to spot around four of them as well as two more knights guarding the entrance to the boss arena

Just from a viewpoint atop the elevator tower, I was able to spot around four of them as well as two more knights guarding the entrance to the boss arena. I snuck around them as quietly as I could, but that still wasn't enough to keep them from sensing me.

RRROOOAAARRR!!!

The gargantuan black monstrosity had spotted me and roared to alert its friends that were close by. That added to the excess of black slimes made for quite the hindrance of my sprint to the elevator. Just as they had in my most recent playthrough of DS3, one of the pus men squeezed its way through the narrow doorway and nearly caught me. Luckily I was fast enough to reach the elevator before it could grab me.

As I rode upward, I heard a ping right as a notification appeared in my hud. I tapped it once I was in a semi-safe area and looked at the contents.

U/n,

          I know you asked not to be disturbed unless it was an emergency, but I think this qualifies as such. Kii-boy and A-chan arranged a meeting with me to ask about you. I told them that you entrusted me with something. Don't worry, I didn't say a word about your fancy schmancy quest. I didn't tell them anything, but Kii-boy has gone off to look for you through other sources. I won't betray our agreement, but they will find you sooner or later and when they do, I won't be there.

-Argo

*Damn* I thought

I had no idea Kirito and Asuna were actively looking for me. Hell, I thought Kirito would've given up after I left and dissolved our party. He must have been determined to find me if he sought out Argo for information.

I sighed as I tried to figure out what to do. I didn't want to reveal myself just yet. I couldn't. Not until I was strong enough to ensure I was able to protect the few people I held dear in this world. I needed strength to rise above this pit of self-loathing I'd dug myself into. Gaining more strength would give me what I needed to do that.