Aincrad Finale: Soul of Cinder

(A/n: There will be dialogue from the light novel in this chapter. All rights go to Reki Kawahara. I own nothing except for Y/n.)

Everyone in the room gasped while Heathcliff simply smiled and let out a small chuckle.

Heathcliff: I expected this would happen eventually, but I didn't think it would be this soon. I am indeed Akihiko Kayaba and I am the final boss on the top floor.

KotB member: How could you? We pledged ourselves and our loyalty to you. HOW DARE YOU!!!

The player leaped upward and would've gotten a hit in on Heathcliff if he didn't open his menu and hit everyone in the room with paralysis.

Heathcliff: I commend you for figuring out my identity.

"So what now? Are you just going to immobilize us and kill us all?" I asked

Heathcliff: Heavens no, that wouldn't be very sportsman-like of me.

"Then what are you going to do? Escape and wait for us at the top of Aincrad like a coward?" I asked

Heathcliff: That was the original idea, but after seeing how well you performed during the Dark Souls quest, I changed my mind. If you want answers, then place the Cinders of the Lords on their thrones in Firelink Shrine and come meet me at the Kiln of the First Flame. We shall let our swords do the talking and if you manage to defeat me there, then everyone will be freed, no strings attached.

"How do I know you won't go back on your word?" I asked

Heathcliff: You'll just have to trust me. farewell U/n.

Just like that, he teleported away, leaving everyone blown away. I'd harbored suspicions about who he was for a while, but I didn't think they were right.

Kirito: Dammit. He fooled us for years as we danced to his tune!

Asuna: We never even realized...

Klein: We have to stop him. We need to get everyone there as fast as possible.

"You can't," I said

Kirito: Why not?

"Because you weren't chosen. Only the chosen undead can travel to Firelink Shrine. Since Koharu is dead, I'm the only one capable of making the trip," I said

Asuna: What are you saying?

"I'm saying that I will fight him alone. None of you stand a chance" I said

Klein: That's bull and you know it. He can't take all of us at once.

"Look around you Klein. He paralyzed everyone here in seconds without so much as a flick of his wrist. Im the only one powerful enough to stop him. Even if I fail, I still have to try. This is a chance to put an end to two years of imprisonment and I'll be damned if I don't take this chance" I said

As soon as the paralysis wore off, I reached into my pouch and pulled out the coiled sword fragment. I infused it with my flames and was given the option to go back to the last bonfire id rested at or the shrine bonfire. I selected the shrine bonfire and was covered by a barrier of fog before appearing back at Firelink.

I immediately ascended the stairs and placed the ashes of each lord on their thrones. First was the Abyss Watchers, then Aldrich, followed by Yhorm, and lastly Prince Lothric. Once I placed the final ashes, the Fire Keeper approached the bonfire. I walked down the staircase and accompanied the Fire Keeper next to the bonfire.

I knelt in front of it as the Fire Keeper began the chant that would transport me to the Kiln of the First Flame.

Fire Keeper: The five lords sit atop their thrones. All thanks to thee, most worthy of lords. Ashen one, with the Lords as thy witness, bend thy knee afore the bonfire's coiled sword and let the Lords' embers acknowledge thee as their true heir. A true lord, fit to link the fire. Noble Lords of Cinder. The fire fades...and the lords go without thrones. Surrender your fires to the true heir. Let him grant death to the old gods of Lordran, deliverers of the First Flame.