2

Two || Betrothal

In only two days of being in Winterfell, the Stark's learned why Morganna was said to be special. It didn't matter what she was doing, or to whom she was speaking, she always managed to leave everyone in her wake awestruck and in a better mood than before. She oftentimes had the king trailing after her, speaking to him with a fond smile.

In the two days that they'd been in Winterfell, Morganna and Robb Stark had formed a beautiful friendship. There was an unspoken attraction between the pair, one that others picked up on immediately. Addam relayed this information to Robert, earning a hearty laugh from the king.

"He'd be a fool not to take a liking to her." Robert had said, watching as Morganna and Robb talked amongst one another. "Nothing will come of it unless she wants something to come of it."

Another three days passed, and the relationships between Morganna and all of the Starks had blossomed into something beautiful. Morganna spent her mornings with Catelyn, Sansa, and Arya, sewing the sigil of her own house onto heavier skirts to keep her warm, and her afternoons with Bran and Rickon, playing with the boys and their direwolf pups. In the early evenings, she found herself watching the boys spar with one another, eager to jump in herself.

"Father?" Morganna asked from her spot between Lord Stark and her father.

"What is it?" Robert asked, looking away from Jon and Robb sparring to look down at her.

"May I join them?" She asked, eager to have a sword in her hand once again.

"You allow your daughter to spar?" Ned asked.

"I allow her to do as she pleases." Robert shrugged. "Of course, you may join them. Show those Stark boys how good you are."

"Thank you, father!" Morganna leaned up and placed a kiss to her father's cheek before she darted off to the training ground, Addam hot on her tail.

"Watch her, Ned." Robert nudged his best friend. "She's very talented."

"Princess." Theon was the one who noticed her first. He bowed his head quickly. "What are you doing down here?"

"I'm here to join in on your sparring." Morganna grinned. Robb, Jon, and Theon looked between each other before furrowing their brow at the Baratheon princess.

"You want to join us?" Jon asked, tilting his head at the girl.

"If you'd rather I leave you be, I can take a sword and spar with Addam elsewhere." Morganna offered.

"No, we don't mind." Robb smiled warmly.

"Just don't want to hurt you, princess." Theon smirked.

"You should be worried about her hurting you." Addam chuckled. "I've a few scars from her sword back home."

"You shuffle your feet before you strike." Morganna hummed, picking up a sword and shedding her cloak. "It's quite obvious."

"Well, who's going first?" Robert boomed from the second story. The boys looked up at their king briefly before looking between each other again. "Robb, I hear you've taken a liking to my daughter. Why don't you go first."

Robb's cheeks flushed red violently before he nodded and stepped forward. Morganna tested the weight of the dull training sword before she adjusted her skirts.

"Are you sure about this?" Robb asked Morganna carefully.

"Are you scared?" Morganna teased lighty. Robb shook his head and smiled broadly.

"Ready when you ar-" Robb started, getting caught off guard as Morganna swept his legs out from under him and placed the tip of her training sword to his chest.