9

Nine || Coronation

Morganna's wardrobe was still black two weeks after the passing of her father. No one blamed the young princess, understanding that it was a devastating loss for her, and they allowed their princess the space she needed to grieve.

Ghost and Greywind had taken to following Morganna around the castle, sensing her sorrow and providing her with a comforting presence. She often brushed her hands through their fur as they walked, bringing her a grounding agent as her brain spiraled.

Robb had done everything in his power to bring comfort to his wife. He held her as she cried, kissed her cheeks, and held her as she slept late into the mornings. Morganna found comfort and security in her husband's actions, but they did little to ease the pain she was experiencing.

Another few days passed before Morganna was dressed in Baratheon gold gowns once more. She slowly started to become her old self, giving the council a good feeling about her upcoming coronation.

Morganna and Robb planned the coronation together, thankful that the small council managed to pull together options for them to choose from. Robb knew that Morganna was still hurting, but he knew that this was what her father had wanted for her, so he helped Morganna with the process.

Cersei watched from the shadows as Morganna confirmed the final touches of her coronation, anger coursing through her veins. She knew she would have to act quickly if she wished to wrestle control from Morganna's greedy little hands, and had already formulated a plan to do so. All she needed was for Morganna to leave the castle.

====

Morganna's trembling hands smoothed over the pale blue skirt of her dress, her fingers catching on the intricate golden beading. Sansa had worked tirelessly on the garment, stitching each golden embellishment to the blue fabric. It had been her most recent project, something she wished to have gifted to her new sister by law. She wasn't expecting, however, for the princess to agree to wear the dress to her coronation.

Sansa had fretted over the garment not being grand enough, but Morganna ensured that it was perfect. The princess felt in her heart that her father would love the dress Sansa created, and knew that she must be crowned in it.

Before he passed, Robert had a crown created for Morganna. Much like her tiara, the crown was made of silver antlers and was adorned with topaz gems and glittering blue sapphires, with small rubies hidden between the blue and gold stones. He had a silver stag sculpted on one side of the crown, and a silver direwolf on the other, symbolizing the unions of the Baratheon and Stark houses. Morganna had wept when she first saw the new crown, and wept even harder when she saw the matching crown Robert had made for Robb.

Sansa draped the matching train across Morganna's shoulders, offering her sister by law a gentle smile. Morganna reached up, gripping gently onto Sansa's hand.

"Thank you, Sansa." Morganna smiled softly. "I truly appreciate all you've done for me."

"You're welcome, Morganna." Sansa smiled, bowing her head.

"It's time, princess." Addam told Morganna, ready to escort her to the Sept. Traditionally, the coronation was held in the throne room, but the death of King Robert had set into motion the creation of a new throne that would rest beside the iron throne, commissioned for Robb. So, the coronation had been moved to the Sept, and the throne would be revealed afterward.

Robb watched with a proud smile as Morganna took her rightful place as queen, and knelt before her as she placed the crown her father created for him onto his unruly curls. He stood beside her, smiling broadly as Morganna was officially announced queen.