14

Fourteen || Perfection

Danaerys Targaryen mounted her largest dragon, looking down at the party of people seeing her off. Morganna looked awestruck at the dragon before her, leaning on her husband as she took in the large beast. Danaerys waved at the queen and king, speaking in Valyrian to her dragon. A moment later, Danaerys was airborne, and Morganna watched in awe at the young girl and her dragons. From behind her, Ghost and Greywind growled at the large beast, causing Morganna to laugh.

"Come." Morganna stated, turning back toward the castle. "We have to visit the orphanage in the capital."

Addam and Sandor Clegane followed dutifully after their queen, followed closely by Robb, Jon, and Theon. Morganna hummed as she walked the now clean streets of the capital. Many of the common folk smiled and waved at their queen, gasping with excitement every time she waved back.

Once the queen and king made it to the orphanage, Morganna wasted no time in offering assistance and gold to the woman running the orphanage. The woman refused at first, insisting that the queen was far too kind and that she couldn't take from her.

"Nonsense." Morganna insisted, handing the small pouch of gold to the woman. "Please, use this to purchase food and toys for the children."

"Thank you, your grace." The woman bowed her head, stepping away from the queen. Before anyone could stop it, a group of children rushed forward, eager to see the queen.

"Hello, little ones." Morganna smiled at each of the children, kneeling down to their level. "Tell me, what is it you'd like?"

"More dolls, your grace!" One of the girls said, holding up a doll that was falling apart.

"More food, your grace." One of the little boys said, rubbing his stomach. "I'm hungry."

"Well, little ones," Morganna started, looking at each child. "I shall have dolls and food delivered just for you."

"Thank you, your grace!" The children chorused as Morganna stood. Robb placed a hand on Morganna's waist, smiling proudly at his wife.

"You're very welcome." Morganna said with a smile. "I will see you next time. Goodbye."

"Bye, your grace!" The children said, watching Morganna and Robb leave their small orphanage.

"What now, my love?" Robb hummed, wrapping his arm around Morganna's waist.

"Now, we go back to our son." Morganna smiled happily. Robb nodded in agreement, leading his wife and their guards back toward the castle. Morganna's smile only widened as she greeted the small folk living in her capital, showing them that they mattered to the young queen. After all, Cersei never visited the orphanage, nor had she left the safety and comfort of the castle.

Morganna rushed into the nursery, eagerly taking her son from his bed and settling him down in her arms. Robert cooed as his mother held him, his eyes fluttering shut as she started rocking him. Robb stepped into the nursery after his wife, watching with a proud smile as Morganna rocked their son.

"You always know how to calm him." Robb mused, stepping behind Morganna so he could see his sleeping son over her shoulder.

"He is always calm." Morganna laughed softly as to not wake her babe. "He only ever gets fussy after he eats."

"That's true." Robb nodded, resting his chin on Morganna's shoulder. His arms wrapped around Morganna's waist tightly, pulling her back into his chest. "He's truly perfect."

"That he is, my wolf." Morganna whispered. "Absolutely perfect."

====

"My Lords and Ladies," Morganna addressed the full throne room, standing in front of her throne without her husband beside her. "Thank you all for gathering on this momentous day. Robb?"