15

Fifteen || Name Day

The morning of Morganna's name day, she was up bright and early. She wasn't used to waking up on her own, especially not on her name day. As was tradition since her very first nameday, Robert Baratheon woke his sleeping daughter up on her name day, promising cake and sweets to the sleepy girl. However, this was Morganna's first name day without her father. So, Morganna awoke before Robb, easily getting out of his grip so that she could sit at her vanity.

Morganna toyed with her crown, running her thumb over each inlaid gem absentmindedly. She stared down at the beautiful object, missing the man that curated it for her.

"My love." Robb murmured, rolling over in their shared bed. He looked around the room, his eyes set on Morganna sitting rigidly in front of her mirror. "What are you doing?"

"It's strange." Morganna hummed, looking away from the crown. She turned in her seat, focusing on her husband propped up on his elbows.

"What is?" Robb questioned, furrowing his brow.

"Waking up on my own." Morganna sighed softly. "My father used to wake me up on my name day, promising me a cake and all my favorite sweets. I miss him."

"I know, darling." Robb sighed, sitting up and stretching out his back. He stood up, shuffling over to Morganna. He stood behind his wife, placing both hands on her shoulders gently. "But he's always with you."

"I know." Morganna nodded, reaching a hand up to one of Robb's. "I see him in our son."

"He, like our son, loves you." Robb promised, leaning down and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Happy name day, my love."

"Thank you, my wolf." Morganna mustered up a smile, patting Robb's hand beneath hers. A knock sounded at the door, and a moment later Morganna's handmaidens stepped into the room carrying pots of hot water.

"I'll go wake Robert." Robb told his wife, quickly dressing for the day and racing out of their room. He headed for the nursery, eager to see his son.

Morganna bathed with the help of her handmaidens, and slipped into a beautiful Baratheon gold gown. Her hair was braided, and placed atop her hair sat her crown. She slipped on her slippers, heading for the nursery with her guard trailing behind her.

"Good morning, my little wolf." Morganna greeted her son, stepping into the nursery with a smile.

"Mama!" Robert cheered, reaching out for his mother. Morganna easily scooped her son from Robb's arms, cuddling the child close as she kissed his chubby cheeks.

"Are you ready for the festivities today, little wolf?" Morganna asked her son.

"He'll be asleep before the tourney even starts." Robb snickered.

"And awake again in time for the feast." Morganna added, letting out a soft laugh. Robert grinned, placing his hands on Morganna's cheeks. "It's time to get dressed, my little wolf."

Morganna handed Robert to one of the nurses, turning her attention to Robb.

"Are you ready for the festivities today?" Robb asked Morganna, taking her hands in his.

"I am." Morganna nodded. "I'm excited to see what your father and my uncle came up with."

"Come, then." Robb said, offering his arm to his wife. "Time for breakfast."

Robb led Morganna out of the nursery, where they were stopped by their guards.

"Happy name day, your grace." They said, offering their queen a smile.