4

Four || Wedding

The night of the wedding ceremony had arrived four days after Morganna's dress consultation. The seamstress had worked day and night making Morganna's dress exactly as the princess had envisioned it, and moved swiftly onto the other gowns requested. By the end of the rigorous four days, the seamstress was left with swollen and pin-pricked fingers, but she was overjoyed that she had finished the dresses.

Morganna had been kept in her chambers since she rose that morning, having her breakfast brought to her as a bath was drawn for her. Myrcella joined her sister in her chambers just after Morganna had finished her bath, followed swiftly by her handmaiden carrying Myrcella's newly commissioned gown.

"Good morning, Morganna!" Myrcella happily greeted her sister.

"Good morning, my little lioness." Morganna giggled down at her sister as the blonde princess wrapped her arms around Morganna's robed torso. "What brings you to my chambers this morning?"

"I wanted to ask if I could get ready for the ceremony with you later." Myrcella requested.

"Of course, my little lioness." Morganna smiled affectionately at her sister. "But, until then, why don't you go play with your brothers or the Stark girls?"

"I will see you in a little bit." Myrcella grinned, darting out of the room. Myrcella's handmaiden placed Myrcella's dress in Morganna's wardrobe before excusing herself from the room. Morganna sat down at her vanity, slightly nervous about the ceremony happening later that evening.

For most of the day, Morganna watched from her window as her siblings and the Stark children played in the castle courtyard, laughing along with them. After lunch was served in Morganna's chambers, several handmaidens entered her room accompanied by Myrcella.

Two handmaidens set to work doing Morganna's hair, while another two separated the pieces of Morganna's gown. The final two handmaidens sat Myrcella down beside her sister and started doing her hair. Morganna politely told the handmaidens how she wished to wear her hair, and kindly smiled as another handmaiden lightly dabbed pink stain across her cheeks.

Morganna got dressed first, stepping into the pieces with ease. One handmaiden gently held Morganna's forearm as she slipped her feet into her heeled boots that another handmaiden was holding. Once her dress was securely on her body, Morganna sat back down at her vanity.

Robert Baratheon had chosen the tiara his daughter would wear on her wedding day. He had it made and customized for Morganna's sake, sparing no expense for any of the fixings that would adorn the crown. He fussed over the intricate details of the metal, and inspected each jewel affixed to the tiara before adding more. He wanted it to be something Morganna would like, and would wear for years to come.

The tiara created for Morganna's wedding say was brought into her chambers wrapped in soft velvet. The handmaiden handling the tiara gently unwrapped it, showing the princess what it looked like.

The polished silver of the crown was molded to look like a collection of antlers. Weaving around the antlers were silver vines, adorned with small thorns and roses. Along the base of the tiara, bright and clear topaz gemstones were set into the silver. Between each topaz, much smaller rubies were set in the silver as well. Diamonds filled the empty space between the topaz's and rubies, allowing the tiara to remain both simple and elegant.

Morganna gasped at the tiara, instantly loving the simplicity of it. Her father truly understood what she liked, and Morganna couldn't be happier with what he created for her. She smiled brightly as the handmaiden placed the tiara onto her head, proving that it fit perfectly. She couldn't help but grin even wider when she saw how beautifully the tiara contrasted to her hair.