12

Twelve || New Arrival

Three moons passed without any incident. Everything was running smoothly in the capital; Morganna had paid off the debts the crown owed by reaching out to the Tyrell's and promising a betrothal between Tommen to Margaery Tyrell once Tommen came of age, she had ensured that even the poorest people had food and a place to sleep, and she was quickly earning the trust and love of all her subjects.

However, Morganna had been feeling sick more and more, usually in the mornings. It had gotten so bad that Morganna's handmaidens left a sick bin beside her bed. The Maester was due to check on her today, so Morganna got dressed and met with the Maester.

After inspecting her hands, feet, and throat, the Maester asked her a question that seemed to make everything else fall into place.

"When was the last time you bled, your Grace?" He asked.

"Two moons ago." Morganna answered slowly, understanding where this was going.

"Your Grace, you are with child."

"Thank you." Morganna nodded. "Tell no one."

"Yes, your Grace." The Maester bowed his head as Morganna raced from the room. Sandor and Addam almost had trouble keeping up with her brisk pace, but they made do.

Morganna did not stop until she saw her husband, and was wrapped securely in his arms. Theon and Jon looked confused as Morganna crashed into Robb, but said nothing as their Queen began to laugh.

"I've just come from the Maester." Morganna informed her husband. "And he knows what ails me."

"What is it?" Robb asked, eager to know what was making his wife miserable every morning.

"I'm with child." Morganna's smile widened.

"Y-you're... you're with child? My child?" Robb's disbelief turned into elation in a second, and he excitedly hugged his wife. "You're with my child!"

"I need to tell your father, and then an announcement to the realm can be made." Morganna told her husband, over the moon with excitement.

"Well, then, what are we waiting for?" Robb gently tugged Morganna to his father's office, not bothering to knock before bursting in.

"Your Grace." Ned bowed his head. "My lord."

"Father, we have news." Robb grinned.

"I'm with child." Morganna blurred out, eager for Ned's response.

"Congratulations!" Ned grinned, pulling his son into a hug. Then, he turned and grabbed Morganna's hands with a warm smile. "I'm so happy for you both."

The elation was constant up until the birth of the babe. As per tradition, Morganna would go through the birth alone while Robb waited out in the hall. However, after hearing Morganna scream for him, he broke tradition and settled at Morganna's bedside. He gripped her hand in his and tried to soothe his wife as their child tore its way out of her 

"Shhh, my love." Robb said while smoothing down her hair. "You're doing so well, my love. You're almost done."

Morganna calmed slightly at Robb's presence and his touch, and finally pushed the baby from her body. Immediately after the umbilical cord was severed, the bloody babe was placed onto Morganna's chest- as was specifically requested by the queen.

"Hello." Morganna said softly, running a finger against the dark hair of her babe.

"It's a boy, your Grace." One of the septa's informed.