Chapter 5: Salvatore

Arturo and Lucrezia had been separated for weeks, longing for a reunion, but never having the courage to take the first step. Finally, the day came, and the two lovers stood in the same room, their eyes locking instinctively. The tension between them was palpable, and Arturo could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He wanted to reach out, to take Lucrezia in his arms and never let go, but he nervously took a step back, suddenly unsure of what to do or say.

Lucrezia seemed to sense his trepidation and stepped forward, her hand slowly reaching out to touch his arm. The warmth of her touch was enough to melt the doubt in Arturo's mind, and with a trembling breath he leaned in and kissed her, their mouths uniting in a passionate embrace. The blissful moment passed all too quickly, and Arturo finally pulled away, his heart racing in his chest.

Lucrezia smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling with joy, and Arturo felt his heart swell. He knew that no matter what happened, he would always be hers. The next few weeks were filled with blissful moments, as Arturo kept all his promises and dedicated his time to Lucrezia and to his son.

He was happy to be with Lucrezia again, and he felt as though his life was finally complete. He loved Sofia, but he knew he was not in love with her, and he felt no hesitation in investing his entire heart in Lucrezia. A month later, Sofia gave birth to their son, Armando Marchetti. Arturo was overjoyed to have two sons, and he was determined to give them both the love and attention that they deserved. Sofia, however, was less than enthusiastic about the situation. She struggled to handle the fact that Arturo was still in love with Lucrezia, and she resented him for spending more time with Lucrezia and his son rather than with her and the newborn baby.

She endured it, however, because she wanted her son to have the life he deserved, and she knew that this required Arturo to be in his life. She couldn't help but feel a little jealous of the relationship that Arturo and Lucrezia shared, and she longed for the day when he would only have eyes for her. As time went on, Sofia's resentment towards Lucrezia and Arturo's relationship only grew. She would often make snarky remarks about the way they looked at each other, or how they would spend hours talking on the phone. Arturo tried his best to reassure her, telling her that Lucrezia was just a good friend and nothing more, but Sofia couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more going on between them.

"Your words are just that. Words. There's no meaning behind it, but deep inside, I know you're still in love with her, Arturo. I just know it. I see how you look at her every time we see her with your other son and you never look at me that way." Sofia thought.

One day, Sofia's suspicions that something was going on between Arturo and Lucrezia became more powerful than her ability to contain them. Dressed in her finest, she drove to Lucrezia's house, determined to get the truth. As she stepped through the door, Lucrezia smiled warmly and invited her inside. Greeting her with a stony face, Sofia quickly revealed her suspicions.

"I know something is going on between you and Arturo!" she spat out.

Lucrezia raised an eyebrow, "Oh? What has given you that idea?"

Sofia was about to answer when Arturo strolled in—towel still wrapped around him—fresh from the shower with a joyful voice. "Darling, who is at the door?" Sofia's heart plummeted and rage surged through her veins.

"Arturo!" she roared, "What the hell are you doing here!? You were supposed to be on a business trip!"

Lucrezia tried to stand up and excuse herself, but before she could get away, Sofia delivered a powerful slap on her face with a venomous hiss. "You Bitch!" she yelled as her hands were shaking in anger and disbelief.