Chapter 11: Armando and Patrick Doyle

Armando's Penthouse

The sun had not yet peeked through the window when Armando and Emma woke up in each other's arms. Entwined in each other's arms, they spent the night exploring their innermost feelings and envisioning a life together. Armando looked at Emma with love, and Emma smiled back with a newfound confidence. "What are your thoughts?" Armando implored her, gripping her in a tight embrace and wanting never to part.

"I think this could work." Emma replied. "I think we could be together. I want us to be together, Armando." She continued.

Armando looked away, not wanting to break the moment, but knowing that this was a decision that could not be taken lightly. He knew they were in a tough situation, and that they might suffer the consequences of their actions if they stayed together.

"I don't want to be apart from you. I never want to be apart from you." He finally said. "Me neither." Emma mumbled.

They lay there in silence for a few moments, just looking at each other and taking in the moment. Finally, Armando broke the silence. "We can do this." he said. "We can make this work. We can make a life together if that's what we both want."

Emma nodded, her eyes full of hope and excitement. "Yes." she said. "Yes, I want that too."

Armando smiled and kissed her, and for the first time in a long time, he felt a genuine hope for their future. The weight of their guilt loomed heavily in the air as they struggled to process the reality of what they had done. Armando had betrayed his brother, Salvatore, in the worst way imaginable; he had slept with his fiancé, Emma, a woman whose heart and loyalty were intended for Salvatore. The acrid taste of resentment still lingered in Armando's mouth for his half-brothers: Salvatore, Enzo, and Dante. It was their father who left Armando's mother, Sofia, and chose Lucrezia over her — cementing a rift between them, all that could never be mended.

"What do we do now?" Emma asked, her voice quiet and uncertain. Armando took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. "We stay together." he said firmly. "We make a life together. We make it work, no matter what." He added.

Emma smiled and nodded, and Armando felt relieved that she shared his sentiment. They were coupled. They made a promise to never be apart, no matter what.

"My love, I must ask you something. Do you still have feelings for Salvatore? If the answer is yes, then I won't stand in your way if you want to make it work with him." Armando spoke through gritted teeth as he secretly wished she would say no. Emma looked into Armando's eyes and exhaled. "Salvatore will always have a special place in my heart, but my feelings for him have faded. I realize that what we had been nothing compared to what we have now." she said in assurance.

Armando felt a weight lifted from his chest and pulled Emma into his arms, gripping her. The feeling of relief and happiness swept over him as he realized that Emma truly loved him and that nothing could come between them.

****

Don Arturo's House

The clock ticked ominously as the housekeeper of Don Arturo bustled about to get the meeting room ready for his important guests. She felt a chill in the air and hastily worked to ensure that everything was perfect before the guests arrived. She took one last look around to make sure everything was as it should be. Satisfied with her work, she turned around to leave, only to come face to face with the menacing figure of Don Arturo himself. His dark eyes looked her over with a sense of suspicion and contempt.

"Is everything ready?" he barked at her.

The housekeeper nodded nervously. "Yes, Don Arturo. Everything is ready as you requested." The Don grunted in response, his eyes darting about the room as he surveyed the scene, his mind focused on the meeting that was soon to take place. He shuffled about a little, moving things to his liking before finally taking a seat at the head of the table.