Chapter 19: They have my girl.

"Papa," Indira said, her voice trembling with the longing for her father. "How are you? I miss you so much."

Booker smiled, though his mind was in a thousand different places at once. He was a professional coder, Tech Analyst, and he had always been good at tech stuff. He taught Indira how to code when she was very little.

"I miss you too, my daughter." he said. "Well, when will you be back in the States? I know you want me to help you with your current client, correct?"

Indira smiled, feeling the warmth of his words like a loving embrace. "Yes, Papa." she said. "Mr. Marchetti has been nice enough to let me stay at his home in Italy so we could work on the breach. But, Papa, I will call you tomorrow. I love you."

Booker nodded, though his heart ached with longing for his dear daughter. He had missed her so much, and he wished he could be there with her now. But he knew it was just not possible. Still, he wanted nothing more than for them to make the most of their time together.

"I love you too." he said. "Take care of yourself, Indira. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Indira said her goodbye and hung up the phone, her heart heavy. She was so far away from home, and yet she was not alone. She was surrounded by a beautiful landscape and people who loved her. Like Enzo, Rolando, and Dante, they all loved her just as much as Salvatore. They all would lay their lives down for her.

As she looked out her window at the distant mountains, she thought back to the days she had spent in the States with her father. She remembered the times when they would go to the park together, where they used to play catch and read books. She could still feel the warmth of his hand in hers, the sound of his laughter, and the gentle look in his eyes when he looked at her.

"I miss you, papa. I can't wait to see and spend time with you. I miss the days where we didn't have much problems and that we just wandered around the city." she thought to herself.

The memories brought tears to her eyes, and she exhaled. She missed her father so much, and the longing for him was like a sharp pain in her chest. But she knew she would see him soon enough, and she promised herself that she would be strong until then. Indira shivered as Salvatore approached her from behind. He grasped her waist tight, yanking her against his chest as he inhaled the sweet scent of her hair. His lips caressed her neck with a tenderness that set fire to her soul and his words filled her with an intense desire.

"I love you." he murmured in a deep and passionate voice. "Mio Dea Amore - My Goddess Love".

****

A few days later, Salvatore was pacing his office with his brothers and cousin Rolando, along with Indira and her assistant, James. They were all still in the compound, their secure place in Italy. His two uncles, Capo Federico and Jacopo, had also come to help since they respected Salvatore as the Don. Also in attendance were Viktor, Tony, and Vincenzo, who remained hunched over their computers, tracking Armando and Patrick Doyle's movements.

"Listen up everyone," Salvatore began. "I have some serious news to share. There's been a breach at my company, as you all know, and I know who is behind it."

"Who?" asked Enzo. "A new tech company called Stone Blackwell Inc., owned by our own family members Armando, Marcello, and their mother Sofia," he spat out.

"What the fuck? Are you serious?" Dante shouted. "How long have you known about this, Sal?"

"I found out just before we left the States." he answered gruffly. "I didn't want to distract from our parents' funeral."