Chapter 21: We got him!

Don Salvatore held the phone aloft, the old-fashioned rotary dialing pressed close against his ear. He had Tony on the line, his friend in London. This was the call he had been dreading to make. He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts, and then spoke, his voice low and even.

"Tony, I need you to do something for me. I need you to go to my Armando's mother's house. I know he is there. I need you to get him and all of his men, and take them to our warehouse. Chain them up." he commanded.

On the other end of the line, Tony's voice was tight and anxious, not daring to question Don Salvatore's orders. "On it, boss." he replied.

Don Salvatore hung up the phone and exhaled. He knew what he had to do, and he would not falter. He was a man of loyalty and revenge, and this was his chance. He stared intently into Monette's eyes, panting as he spoke.

"We fly out to London in the morning." he said tightly, glancing at Capo Renato and Vincenzo. "I need one more favor, you guys." he said with a hint of desperation in his voice.

Monette stepped forward, her face set in determination. "Sure," she said firmly. "You name it and it's yours." she gave him a knowing look that seemed to carry all her trust and faith in him. Capo Renato and Vincenzo echoed her sentiments, their faces reflecting the same unwavering loyalty.

"I need to settle this with my brother once and for all. But before I leave, I need people that I can trust my wife with. Can she stay here until I return?" he asked. The room fell silent, the tension thick as everyone contemplated the request. They all knew how dangerous the situation was, and they also knew that betraying their leader would have dire consequences.

Finally, Monette stepped forward once again. "Of course, she can stay with us." she said with a reassuring smile. "You have my word that we will protect her with our lives if necessary."

Salvatore's eyes flickered with gratitude as he looked around the room at his loyal friends. "Thank you." he said, his voice quieter now. "I knew I could count on you all."

Don Salvatore strode out of the room, his men falling into step behind him. His face was etched with a hard resolve as he barked orders to Enzo, Dante, Rolando, Federico, and Jacopo. "We have one job to do tonight, boys, before we head to London. Get the hit man and his crew locked up in our warehouse."

Enzo stepped forward. "Already done, boss. They're all chained up and ready for you". On cue, Dante pulled out his phone and began barking orders to the pilot that the plane be ready for take-off at 7am sharp. Don Salvatore grinned, his cold eyes filled with anticipation of what was to come. "Come on, boys." he said, striding towards the door. "Let's go have some fun".

****

The resounding clomps of their boots vibrated throughout the lengthy, confined corridor as Don Salvatore and his crew advanced to the warehouse. The temperature was nippy, and the sky was pitch black, but anger burned brightly inside the boss's heart. When they got close to the warehouse, two bodyguards ensured everything was fine before proceeding into the building. They returned and communicated with a nod that it was safe to go in. Don Salvatore and his crew hurriedly entered the warehouse, their eyes darting around in the dim lighting. The hit man and his crew were chained up and huddled together, their eyes wide with fear.

"Ah, so you thought you could just waltz into my domain and murder my parents with no repercussions, hmm?" Don Salvatore sneered. The hit man tried to respond, but his mouth felt dry, and all that came out was a feeble croak. The Don only chuckled in response. "No need to explain yourself. I'm not interested in hearing your excuses." he said, pacing back and forth. As he did so, his crew tightened their grip on the hit man and his accomplices. Don Salvatore continued. "But in my world, there are always consequences for one's actions."