Chapter 14: Don Arturo's Death Part 2

Salvatore's POV

Once we'd both caught our breath, we parted and she smiled. "I knew it would feel amazing between us," she whispered into my ear. I grinned. She was right. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was wild, her cheeks were flushed and her eyes glowed with the look of satisfaction. I gently rocked against her and she moaned, gripping my back. She pulled me to her and rubbed her breasts against me as she breathed hard through parted lips.

"I need you again, Salvatore. Indira whispered."

I looked into her eyes. All I could see was lust. It took everything that I had not to pull her on top of me and bury myself so deep inside her. She bit her lower lip and I felt my control slipping. I grabbed her by the hair and pulled her closer to me. "I'm going to fuck you now and we're both not coming up for air until our lungs are empty." I told her. She flashed a grin at me and said, "Yes baby, I want you inside me again."

After she had asked me to finish her, I suddenly realized that I wanted her just as much as she wanted me. And when I was buried inside her, she had this calm look on her face, almost at peace. She was so beautiful, just the way I had always seen her walking around the office. Few times in our work relationship, I had realized how genuine she was. I had never experienced that with another woman. This was not one of those meaningless hookups where sex meant nothing and everything at the same time. It wasn't like any kind of rebound sex, and we were both going to push each other out of our minds once we got a taste. This was different.

When she smiled at me, I looked down at her body. She was beautiful; she was smart, and she had a heart as big as Texas. She was also right up front about what she needed from me, and it was something that only I could give her. As we lay there together, enjoying the feel of our bodies together, we also realized that there was something different between us. She fixed her gaze on me, her eyes burning with an intensity that made my heart somersault. She spoke cautiously, her words like a dagger to my heart. "I want to explore this further." she said, sitting up on me and piercing me with her stare.

"You're still healing from your ex-fiancé's betrayal, Salvatore." she continued softly. "I understand the pain of being hurt by men too well, and I don't want to risk going through it again." A wave of emotion rippled through me as I felt her genuine words filter into my soul. All those memories of Emma came rushing back, but Indira was different. She had always been so honest about what she wanted and expected from me. The thought of making her mine set something off deep inside my chest. It filled me with courage and passion knowing that there was something worth fighting for, someone special enough that deserved to be respected and cherished. I wanted to make her my queen; show her what it meant to have the protection and loyalty of being a part of one of the most powerful mafia families in Italy and New York City. As she melted away the sadness in my heart, I knew our love would reign forever. But for right now, I won't tell her I am falling for her, not yet. We fell asleep in the little room I had in my office. No one knew about this room but my brothers and bodyguards.

****

The night was still and heavy, with the sound of crickets singing in the background and the faintest hint of rain in the air. The Marchetti family mansion stood proudly against the backdrop of the night sky, its tall columns and stone walls standing guard against the darkness surrounding them. Arturo Marchetti walked into the study, his footsteps echoing through the silent room. He was exhausted, his mind and body aching from the long day. He had been working hard all day, researching and collecting paperwork to prepare for the court case the following morning. He had to make sure that they had every single piece of evidence to support their case, and he would not rest until he did.