Chapter 12: Patrick Doyle & Armando

Patrick Doyle's Office

Patrick Doyle is a 55-year-old European-born financial advisor who has made millions from his company, Relay Doyle Financial. He and his high school sweetheart, Beverly Doyle, age 54, have been married for over 30 years and have two successful sons, Soren Doyle, age 33, and Stellan Doyle, age 30. Patrick Doyle is the leader of The Fire Kings, a formidable gang in the Bronx borough of New York City.

Patrick and Beverly are a dynamic duo, with a shared passion for their business and family. They were both from Europe but migrated to the United States in their twenties. After discovering his natural ability for financial advisement, Patrick established Relay Doyle Financial, which has ballooned into one of the most successful financial firms on the East Coast, aside from Don Arturo Marchetti's Marchetti Financial Inc., of whom is Patrick's rival.

Patrick and Beverly's immense fortune, although a blessing, has come with a responsibility to give back. Charitable donations, funding for local schools, and an unwavering commitment to social justice have all been part of this family legacy. However, their two sons had taken a different route - Soren and Stellan proudly rose through the ranks of the Fire Kings, a notorious criminal organization founded by their father.

Patrick Doyle is feared throughout the underworld as an intimidating figurehead. Without remorse, he has followed his ambitions to the letter; blood has been shed to secure his place in New York illegal elite, but now he hungers for something more—control of Long Island itself. Territory held by the notorious Don Arturo Marchetti, and Patrick won't be satisfied until every ounce of power falls into his hands. Patrick Doyle's office was enveloped in a cloud of profanity. His face twisted with rage as he screamed into the phone, demanding that Johnny return to work with haste and fury.

"That piece of shit! What the fuck am I paying these bitches for? Just hurry back, God damnit!"

He slammed down the phone and stomped about his office, letting out a feral roar. Soren and Stellan stood in the doorway, silently bearing witness to their father's outburst. They had seen it countless times before, but the sound of his anger and the sight of his rage never failed to make their skin crawl.

"Boys" Patrick said, his voice dangerously low. "What are you doing here?"

"We just wanted to check in, Dad" Soren said cautiously, his eyes darting to the scattered papers and overturned trash can on Patrick's desk.

"Well, you see that I'm working." Patrick replied curtly. "Now go back to whatever it was you were doing."

"Dad, it's essential that we go." Soren declared. "It's the Marchetti family. Don Arturo has retired, and I need to meet with his middle son Armando at a hidden warehouse in Manhattan this evening."

Patrick narrowed his eyes at Soren, contemplating the request. Finally, he let out a heavy sigh and leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his thick, silver hair. "Enough!" Patrick roared, his incensed words echoing off the worn walls of the rundown warehouse. "We need to make this deal with Armando and take Long Island once and for all. And that goddamn Don Arturo — he needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later!"

Stellan's voice was like gravel as he spoke. "Father, Don Arturo has retired. His oldest son, Salvatore, is now the new Don. That's why Armando wants to meet us. He hates his brother and father and thinks he can help us get what we want."

Patrick bellowed; his fists clenched so tight his knuckles turned white. "God damnit! Alright, my boy's — when is this meeting? I hope this bastard isn't playing games with me!"