The Beginning

Hello everyone! I decided to rewrite this chapter, as well as the second, and update the others. I'm doing this not only because I felt I could do better, but I also didn't have some of them saved on Docs. If you're new to reading the story, then there's nothing to worry about. With that being said, enjoy the story!

Taiga's point of view

I awoke to the sound of wings beating above me. The sun shone brightly onto the soft ground under my talons, making it hard to see. It had been seven years since I fled the Ice Kingdom a few days ago.

I hoped to change my reputation. I hoped to be seen as more than a monster. But all I've had the motivation to do these past years has been aimlessly wandering around and catching the occasional rabbit or something.

I remember the look of betrayal, the look of disgust on my mother's face as her scales froze over. But she left me with no other choice. And if I had stayed in the Ice Kingdom after that, the best outcome would cause me to drop to the bottom of the Seventh Circle. There was nothing there for me anymore. Either stay and be punished, or leave and have a second chance elsewhere.

I never really fit in with the rest of my peers, mostly because they were scared to death of me accidentally stepping on their tail or something. There was no way a dragon as dangerous as me could fit in, and there still isn't.

The only person who went out of his way to talk to me didn't even show his face. All he told me was that he was used to living his life like an outcast, like me. I only ever talked to him a few times before I had to run away.

But I had to throw all of that aside if I wanted to start a new life. It was time for me to get away from my problems, and just try to do something good with my life, with the powers I had.

But there's not much point in thinking about it for probably the sixtieth time. I rose to my feet, yawning and stretching my wings. Judging by the violent noises my stomach was making, it was time to hunt.

My sharp ears quickly picked up the noise of something rustling around in the bushes. I fired a blast of frostbreath towards the noise. Whatever I hit let out a small cry before the sounds of ice cracking and crunching took over. It was frozen solid.

I slowly walked towards my prey. It was a rabbit, frozen solid by my frost. I picked it up and cracked the ice against a tree, shattering the poor creature into pieces. I ate the pieces, but still felt hungry. My hunger was not quite sated, so I crouched down, listening for more noises. I heard nothing, so I took off, looking for a new place to hunt.

As I flew, the sun got in my eyes, essentially blinding me. The sound of wingbeats approaching me was getting louder. Was someone flying towards me? If they were, there was no way I'd be able to avoid them like this.

As soon as the sun left my eyes, they locked with the burning hot eyes of another dragon. A SkyWing, her scales a red-orange that appeared to be sizzling. As we collided, time seemed to slow down to a crawl. I looked up to see her falling through the air.

What have I done?