Chapter 8 - no maid

"This is for you." Zixuan opens a red velvet box to show it's content to his newly wed consort.

Zixaun hasn't met his consort before marriage but he has sent his shadow guard to minister Bai's residence for a description of his would be consort's beauty.

But when his shadow guard returned he couldn't satisfy Zixuan. Who would be satisfied with words like would be highness is pale in skin colour, not as tall as emperor but enough to appear as a man, built is not strong and wide, waist thin enough to appear as a woman from behind with long black , beautiful hair upto waist.

His shadow guard hasn't described how his consort looks , what about eyes , nose and lips ? He was disappointed but his description of long , black , thin hair upto waist made Zixuan call his private jeweler and prepare the finest hairstick for his consort.

A pair of pale hand comes out of the red vail that was covering the whole beauty "this consort will always wear this with grace , your highness."

A sweet voice replies to Zixuan.

Zixuan grins "then can Zhen have the fortune of looking at the beauty of this consort ?"

The figure in red vail nods slowly "This beauty is all yours to loo....

"His Highness ! His highness !"

"HIS HIGHNESS !"

Zixuan comes out of this thought. He looks around. He is still sitting on his throne. "Huh ?"

Xingchen bows "His highness , you have dismissed the court. Everybody has left. Shall I prepare your carriage for your chamber ?"

Zixuan comes back in reality. He sighs "No ! I will have a walk."

Xingchen bows again "Is his highness alright ? Should I inform royal healer ?"

"No ! I am fine." Zixuan stands up. He walks down the throne.

Xingchen frowns in worry "does his highness need any consort or concubine to accompany him in walk ?"

Zixuan stops his steps "I am not sick , Lu Xingchen. You can retreat. If I need you, I will summon you."

Xingchen flinches again. Why his highness is mentioning his full name today ? Did he do anything wrong ?

Zixuan doesn't wait for Xingchen's reply. He leaves the court. He needs some fresh air to clear his brain. He is way too much bothered by Yuzu to do anything else.

That night , on his mating night with Yuzu he couldn't lift Yuzu's vail. Before he could do that , a guard ran to him and informed concubine Jia-Li has fainted suddenly.

So he left with a small apology to Yuzu. He didn't spend his mating night with Yuzu. Neither did he return on second night because Jia-li was burning in fever.

On third night Yuzu himself came to Zixuan asking for a night. He refused. Jia-li was having nightmares. He couldn't just leave her.

On forth Yuzu suggested that Jia-li pretending to be sick to stop them from being intimate. That's when Zixuan snapped and his dislike for Yuzu started to grow. How could a man be so slutty to fight with other woman.

Zixuan wanted a male consort who would stand upright by his side and be his equal , give him suggestions, and hold his back. But what he got a winny feminine man who begs for attention , gets jealous with concubines and plays dirty tricks.

He got upset and angered. So he never spent his nights with Yuzu. No, as he thinks of it , he has never consumed his marriage with Yuzu.

"Your highness !"