chapter 40

(a/n : last Friday I updated this story as usual.. those who didn't get the notification, Idk what went wrong. Anyways, if you haven't read last week's update .. visit ch 39 before  reading this.

Usually I don't give small update of 1200 words without any trouble but today is the day ..

You and I, we all need to calm down before ... 😁😁)

ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ

Yuzu leans his back on the headrest of Zixuan's bed. After pushing Zixuan to reveal the past, he just couldn't leave the room.

Yuzu's eyes fall on Zixaun's sleeping face. The dark circles under his eyes are giving him a hollow look. Zixuan looks different. Tired , confused and mature mostly.

This Zixuan is nowhere close to the past life Zixuan during this time. Because none of this happened in past life. In past life Jia-Li gave birth , Zhan came , empress dowager promoted Jia-li... Everything went smoothly.

But this life ? Yuzu frowns. How can everything be so different. Is it only because he didn't accept the false blame ?

Yuzu looks at Zixuan's face again. Twin brother ? So Zhan could be Ze-min's son. But he doesn't understand why and how Zhan came here ? What happened to Ze-min ?

Also He doesn't trust that Jia-li didn't have a backup plan ready ? How could she have sex with a man and not notice that he is a different race ? Jia-Li is lying.

Atleast some of her words are pure lie. He needs to talk with Xingchen.

***

"This way .." Xingchen shows the route to the garden with his raised hands.

Yang Xi nods and follows Xingchen. "I heard so many good things about Zi palace's garden. They call it heaven's garden in Yuri."

Xingchen nods "It indeed is."

Yang Xi looks around while walking towards the garden "the palace is awfully quite today."

"The rumours , the news.. everybody thinks his highness is in bad mood. So nobody is stepping out of the limits for caution." Xingchen replies casually.

"That caution doesn't go for consort Yuzu , right ? I saw him stomping in his highness's room yesterday night."

Xingchen coughes. "Well, he is the only noble consort of Zi."

"I heard some gossips. Did you really had an affair with him ?"

Xingchen caughes bad "n..no .. no way."

Yang Xi tilts his head. He stays silent for sometimes "You should move on. Consort Yuzu is not that kind of man who falls out of love. He is stubborn like the saying , either his way or no way."

Xingchen clears his throat firmly "I don't have that kind of feelings towards consort Yuzu. I looked after him on His highness's order. He feared that if he approached consort Yuzu directly, then empress dowager would create troubles for consort Yuzu."

"Then why did his highness ask you to stay away from consort Yuzu ?"

Xingchen shrugs "These days, his highness behaves a little reckless. Also, Minister Bai said his son has grown up enough to face empress dowager. Maybe, that's why .."