*chapter 44

Yuzu stands in front of Jia-li with a serious face. He can't believe this woman escaped the house arrest.

"You think you won ? I lose ? You bitch ! I never lose."

Yuzu takes a deep breath in. Jia-li is not in her sane mind. Yet he can't harm her. Jia-li is a woman and he is a man. "What do you want ?"

"What do I want ? I want you to lose. I want you to die. If I can't be the empress, I will not let you be the empress." Jia-li spats.

"That will solve your problem ?" Yuzu tries to stall the time until Meimei comes back from the market. Or even Yimli comes back from her friend's house. Any woman will do ..

"You are worried about my problem ?" Jia-li laughs hysterically "You are my problem."

"I did nothing to harm you. You are the one who came at me first."

"I did. Because you were risking his highness's life. How come you marry his highness when you had an affair with his brother ?" Jia-li shouts.

Yuzu gasps "an affair ? What the ..."

"Don't pretend to be an innocent bitch , Yuzu. You betrayed prince Ze-min to marry his highness, just because prince Ze-min is a spare and his highness is the emperor. You said that you will go back to prince Ze-min if prince defeats his highness and becomes the emperor."

Yuzu's head spins. "What ?"

"Then what did you do ? You dare to behave like you love his highness. You dare to sleep with him ? You dare to snatch him from me because of your stupid game ?" Jia-Li scoffs

"Yes , I came for you. What else did you expect ? To let you and your lover murder his highness ? Do you have any idea how much I love his highness ?"

Yuzu tilts his head. He ignores the accusations for the time being "you don't love him. If you had loved him like the way you claim, you wouldn't have cheated on him."

"I had no other way. He was so invested in you that he didn't see your real face." Jia-Li shouts louder.

"I have lived a life of not being loved by his highness. I have never cheated on him." Yuzu mocks.

"Oh .. now you deny your affair with prince Ze-min?" Jia-Li laughs again.

"Prince Ze-min lied to you." Yuzu finally explains. Why Meimei is not back yet ?

"I have no contacts with him. I am loyal to his highness. I know about your affairs because I have seen your love letters which you wrote for him. And guess what ? After I finish you, I am gonna show it to his highness. Then he will praise me for killing the traitor." Jia-Li laughs louder and louder.

Yuzu takes two steps back. "Jia-Li, you are being a fool right now."

Jia-Li smirks "yeah ! Am I ?" She raised her knife high ..

Yuzu hurriedly swings left and grabs Jia-li's wrist tightly "Jia-li, you are a woman ..I can't harm you but if you come at me .. I will do anything to save me."

Jia-Li struggles to push her wrist downwards. She is not in the mood to listen any more words. It's her only chance. She had to please an ugly fat royal guard for this escape. She will not let it slide.

"Aaaa " Jia-li raises her hands again pushing Yuzu back.

Yuzu catches the blade of the knife this time. Blood runs down from his palm weting his peach robe.

Jia-li's eyes lit up seeing the blood. She gets her energy recharged. She laughs while doing another attack with full force.

Yuzu falls on the ground. He needs to find something to save himself. He looks around.