Chapter 17- Indifference

"It's a Vampire. I have read the stories of them." Meimei suggests Yuzu.

Yuzu chuckles "Vampire drinks blood , Meimei."

"Yes .. remember the riddle .. he has two eyes , two feet but no blood. Vampire has two eyes and two feet also he drinks blood because he doesn't got any."

Yuzu shakes his head with a deep sigh "Those are all stories. Let's sleep. It's already midnight."

Meimei frowns "But you said, we need to find the answer today."

Yuzu nods "But we can't leave our lifestyle for a riddle. It's already late. You and I, we both need rest."

"Then what about the riddle ?"

"For that .. I need you little help Meimei. Tomorrow I will visit Minister Xingchen and you will make sure his highness doesn't get the news and appears in front of us out of no where."

Meimei gasps "Is it necessary? Master , his highness just took you back, he even gave you 'Blue moon', what if he hears about this, he will abandon you back to that chamber .."

Yuzu squints his eyes "Does Meimei have any problem living with me in abandoned chamber ?"

Meimei gasps more "no master, I can even go to hell with you. I am just worried about you.."

Yuzu laughes out loud.

Meimei looks at her master worried "what should I do tomorrow?"

"Not much .. just follow Zixuan. And if he comes near us, whistle, make sound or anything.. just let us know. Ok ?"

Meimei nods reluctantly before leaving her master's room. Follow his highness ? Will it be easy ? What if guards attack her thinking her as assassin? What if ...

Meimei shakes her head. She will do it. Minister also said it's good for her master. So she needs to do it. Meimei sighs while closing the door of her master's room.

Yuzu sits silently with a serious face alone in his room. He has written the lines of the riddle in a piece of paper after Zixuan left his room.Now he burns the paper slowly with the candle in his room. It can't be possible. Whatever he is thinking, should be wrong.

Yuzu sighs as the paper turns into ash completely. All of these never happened in his previous life. Why this life is so different than his last life ? Is it only because he decided to protest ?

It can be. In his last life he never protested and the healer was never captured for lying. In this life healer got arrestested and maybe, he confessed his bigger lies to get mercy?

Yuzu stands up. He can't sleep tonight like this. It is serious. But he is sure if he goes to visit Xingchen now, that will creat a huge trouble for both of them. But can he meet the healer in the dungeon?"

Yuzu steps out of his room with a shawl covering his upper body. He looks at his left side. He doesn't know if it's co-incidence or not but his and Zixuan's room is side by side to each other. If he needs to leave his room, he needs to pass by the entrance of Zixuan's room.

Yuzu just wishes Zixuan is still in Jia-li room because if not he can't leave. Yuzu takes one step forward. No hindrance. Two steps .. three steps.

He waits for Zixuan to come out. Nothing. Yuzu runs out of the the hall with blue moon jingling on his head.

He heads straight for the garden. He knows a shortcut of dungeon from the garden. Once he was thrown in dungeon in last life, that time... Meimei used to visit him through that shortcut. He never thought he himself will use the shortcut this life.