chapter 38

Yuzu stands up from the bed with a confused frown. He remembers that he slept in Zixaun's bed chamber  yesterday but when did he came back to his own room ? 

He doesn't remember waking up in the middle of the night. Also what is this chaos outside.

"Meimei ... What's happening?" He shouts a little.

Soon Meimei runs inside the room "master ... Concubine Jia-li...

"YOU MURDERER! YOU KILLED THE FUTURE HEIR OF ZI ." Jia-Li burges into the room with a fierce shout.

Yuzu looks at Jia-Li. He frowns "Jia-Li I don't think you should prete..."

"SHUT UP ! I ALREADY CALLED HIS HIGHNESS. HE IS GOING TO BURRY YOU ALIVE. WHAT DID YOU THINK ? JIA-LI WILL BE UPSET AND CRY , SHE WILL NOT REMEMBER WHO PUSHED HER ?"

Yuzu sighs. Looks like she has no idea. But how can someone be so dumb ?  

"WHY ARE YOU SILENT?" Jia-li huffs. Her head can brust in anger. She still can't believe she lost her queen card. She can't believe Afreen betrayed her.

But she will deal with Afreen later. First, she needs to throw Yuzu in prison. She can't believe Yuzu is still the noble consort. Didn't they hear her last word before she fell ? Was she whispering?

Yuzu sits on his bed calmly. He wouldn't correct Jia-li. Now he knows how he came back in his room. It must be empress dowager's order. That woman wanted to see Jia-li's act.

But if he doesn't lie, he wants to see Jia-li's reaction too when the truth comes at her.

Meimei calms down a little seeing her master's calm expression. She heard the gossips among servants that Jia-li was carrying someone else's child. Looks like it's true. 

"Consort Yuzu, aren't you too happy that I lost my child ? Just wait a minute, this will be the last happiness of your life." Jia-li hisses.

Yuzu watches Jia-li with a calm expression as she messes her hair, smudges her makeup, she even rubs her eyes to make it look red.

And in the blink of an eye, she looks like a devastated mother whose son has died. Yuzu and Meimei both make a silent wow with their lips.

Jia-li starts crying as soon as she finishes her preparation. She has already heard the footsteps comming towards this room.

Soon, empress dowager, Zixuan, Afreen and Xingchen enter the room.

Everyone's eyes fell on Yuzu who was sitting silently in the room.

Jia-li weeps "look your highness .. just look at him .. not only he pushed me from the stairs and killed my child, but also he is sitting there happily watching my sorrow with joy."

Xingchen clears his throat as empress dowager glares at him. He needs to speak now "we understand your sorrow, concubine Jia-li. But we can't punish a noble consort for a concubine's son."

Jia-Li snaps at Xingchen like he is a criminal"what did you say ? My son was the future heir of Zi."

Jia-li ignores Xingchen and looks at Zixuan "your highness, Yuzu killed your son. Why are you silent ? Are you not going to punish him ? Your highness ..  I will never forgive you if you don't give me justice."

Zixuan tilts his head "of course. I need to give justice."

Jia-Li smiles weakly. Once his highness announces Yuzu's imprisonment, she will rise to power.

Zixuan looks at his mother "mother I will let you handle this matter. Is that ok ?"

Jia-li's eyes lit up. Empress mother handling the punishment. Looks like god is on her side today.