『memories』

A/N: hey guys so ummm sorry for not updating in like a month 😭😭 i really have no excuses im SORRRYYYY (pls forgive me bc the wattpad algorithm is not going to) also i didnt spell check so SORRY AGAIN IF THERE R GRAMMER/SPELLING MISTAKES

-rosie :)

HUMAN AU

I watched the birds fly around as I sat on my front porch. The fence bordering our small home looked rusty and oxidized. 

My gaze fixated on our mailbox, which we had recently gotten replaced since someone crashed their bike into ours a few weeks ago. Both me and Sophie had loved that mailbox. It had come with our house the first day we bought it. It had vines and cute little flowers wrapped around it. But now it was gone. 

I sighed. Somedays I feel like I'm getting too emotionally attached to things.

"Keefe!" I heard my wife, Sophie, call from inside.

"Hmm?" I stepped in to find her in the living room, sitting on the couch.

"What do you want for lunch?" She asked.

"I can make something for us" I offered, walking over to the kitchen.

"Really? Nice! Thanks Keefe!" Sophie ran over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "I've gotta go finish up some work. Call me when it's ready, 'kay?"

"Sure" I said and started to get to work. Sophie ran up the stairs, not forgetting to mention a quick, "Love you!" 

"Love you too!" I called out. I opened the fridge and grabbed a few things that would hopefully go together. I also made sure to be careful with the knife as I chopped the carrots. My mind wandered around while I was cooking. It thought of the first day we spent a night in this house.

"Wow. We're really going to live here together" Sophie said.

"You thinking of going back on our marriage?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow. 

"What? No!" She said, smacking my arm. I laughed and kissed the crown of her head.

"I'm kidding, love." She glared at me. "Are you mad?" I asked, even though I knew the answer. Sophie doesn't get mad that easily. She always hated it when people in movies would get mad over the littlest things.

"No." She said and blew out a breath, confirming my guess. We walked forward into the house and took a look around. It was just what we wanted. It was clean and new but also felt homey. 

"Just wait till we hang up the pictures!" Sophie squealed.

I smiled. Sophie had always loved hanging up portraits of different points in our life. Now, years later, our hallway is jam-packed with a bunch of paintings and photos. Which reminded me of the time Sophie caught me drawing her. Embarrassment flushed through my body.

Sophie is laying on her attempting a chemistry problem, and she looks really cute doing it. I'm sitting at her desk 'doing math homework'. I pulled out my pencil and start tracing her. Then I shaded and added detail. But just as I was finishing her nose, Sophie looked up."You finished yet?". I jump.

"Yup! All finished." I lied.

"Sweet! Lemme see." Sophie walked over. I pulled my sketch up to my chest, hoping she wouldn't see it.

"W-why?" I stammer. Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"Did you really finish?" She asked and crossed her arms, giving my a skeptical look.

"Okay, okay. You caught me. I'm still working. Its just so hard!" I exaggerated. To be honest, it was pretty easy. If Sophie hadn't invited me, I probably would have just finished my homework the morning of school.

"Okay then...I'll help you. Show me what you've done already, and we'll go from there." I felt my face heat up.

It's not a big deal!!

I turned my paper around to show her, well, her. Sophie's face turned almost as red as mine.

"Keefe! Y-you were supposed to be doing your math homework!" She rubs her temples as I stand up. I move her hands off her head and start massaging it myself, hoping to stop her from becoming stressed over me.

"It's fine, love. I'll do it now. Just let me finish your lips?" I asked as I gave her a quick kiss, to convince her a bit more. 

"Fine." Sophie grumbled. "But you gotta make them look good." She gave me a cheeky smile that I loved. 

"Yes ma'am" I said and kissed her again.

I remember we would always study together when we had time. I sighed as I poured water into a pot. Good times.