『𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗌』

A/N: idk if ppl are gonna tell me this was similar to my first chapter but i can agree, yeah, it was. but tbh i like this one better cause its (just a little bit) longer !

-rosie :)

Sophie's nightmares kept her awake. Replayings of the Neverseen's attacks. Amy begging her to stop. Keefe's letter. She tossed and turned in her bed, the memories resurfacing from years ago. Sophie tried to focus on the fact that everything was fine now, she was married, an adult, the Neverseen had been defeated. But the nightmares kept coming. Sophie cried out and held her head between her hands. She started to sob in bed, but strong arms wrapped around her waist.

"Shh. It's okay." The man murmured in her hair. Sophie then came to realize the man was Keefe, her husband.

"I'm here. You're okay." Keefe started to brush through her hair with his hands. "Why are you crying?" Sophie didn't respond and continued to sob. She just shook her head. She didn't want to talk about it, or else the memories would play back in her head.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me. Just let it all out." Keefe was now sitting next to Sophie on the bed. She was stuffing her face in his chest and gripping his shirt. Keefe was calm, wrapping one arm around her side, another brushing her hair. 

"Are you comfortable?" Keefe asked her. Sophie's voice shook a little, but she managed to let out a, "I'm cold." and then a shiver. Keefe then took off his sweatshirt and helped her put it on. It smelled of Sophie's favorite cologne. She breathed in the scent and focused on that. But the moment she thought about not focusing on the nightmares, they had a spotlight in her mind. The tears kept pouring out. Sophie didn't know why she was crying about something that happened so long ago. But trauma stayed like a cat waiting in the bush for its prey. Like a bounty hunter waiting to strike. A/N: yay speak now tv!!! (if you know you know)

"I love you." Keefe said, kissing her forehead. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

"Really?" Sophie asked. She found that very hard to believe. 

"Is that a joke?" Keefe raised an eyebrow at her.

"That's not a yes." Sophie pointed out and frowned.

"Really." Keefe said, tucking a string of hair behind her ear.

"Ok." Sophie breathed. She was starting to believe him.